BEST. GAME. EVER.

i'm sure you've heard of 'Improv Everywhere: we case scenes'--they are a group that coordinates and choreographs large, spontaneous events that take people off guard--you might have seen 'frozen grand central' or 'food court musical'

since most of you are right in the middle of little league season, i thought you would love their "best game ever". the improv organization showed up at a little league game in california and made it into a "major league" event, much to the surprise and delight of the players. the commissioner of the little league was the only person in on it--the coaches, parents, and family were all kept in the dark to get the full effect of the element of surprise. it's like 'candid camera', but with class and great editing.

my favorite quote? when one of the 10year old players says, "this has been really good with all of the mascots and jumbo-tron....i wanna play major league baseball when i grow up, so i gotta get used to that stuff." sports-diva behavior already?? AWESOME!! thanks, loni, (the other sister) for the link! i dedicate this to my poor russ, who will never get a chance to do the little league gig---sorry honey! (but must i remind you, it was YOU that threw those chromosomes??? well, you did.)

to buy you some peanuts and cracker jacks, click here

8 comments:

Megal said...

That is pretty entertaining stuff!

LN said...

Someday, I'm gonna go participate in a Improv Everywhere "mission"! They just recently started doing them in DC (but it didn't go so well. The ppl in charge forgot the first rule that it must be fun & if it stops being fun, it ends.)

A friend of mine was actually in the mall when they did the Improv Musical at the Mall. When I saw the video, I noticed him sitting there. (He's the guy they talk to right at the very end.) I called him up -- sounds like it was a heckuva lotta fun to be there witnessing it first hand!

Hacking it up said...

I love Improv Everywhere! I would love to be a part of one of their little jokes one day...but I'd give it away, because i'd be laughing my head off...poker face I have not.

LN said...

Mindi -- thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm probably one of many in the DC area....I've been here before. You'll probably best associate me with a comment about a "7 lb bag of ice".

Omgirl said...

I'm so glad they did another one. Those are so funny, and heartwarming too. What a cool thing to do for those little league players.

Tiffany said...

Hah! I love these guys! I can't wait to show this to my little league-er.

Alice Wills Gold said...

My hubby is only capable of making girls too...do you ever wonder if God didn't want to give you the chance to screw up a little boy...I worry about that a lot.

I love the name Mia....i am going to go and search out your blog for the name of your other girls.

Oh, how I love my girls and our one man..I am sure you do too!...i meant love yours...not mine...but, hey, if your a blesbian, my hubby (ok I'll stop right there)

the rbc said...

I wouldn't change a thing...I love all my girls. I guess it doesn't hurt that I put on my skirt when I get home from work and pretend I am a girl too. What can a guy do???