awwwwwwwwhhhhhh, shucks....


tanja & stephanie presented me with this MAJOR AWARD which i feel is kind of a VERY BIG DEAL......i spent most of the night writing and rewriting my acceptance speech, but then i decided to kick it old school and minimalize. (which, if you know me, is a bit hard.)

they asked me to play along, so here's the rules:

1. please put the logo on your blog.
2. add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. you must nominate 7 fellow bloggers for this award.
4. add links to the recipients.
5. leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award.


we are all a great big incestuous bunch (and i mean that in the good (?) way) here in blog land, and so i wanted to give the award to some of the blogs i found out there that many of you might not be familiar with.

plus it's coupled with the fact that i have EXTREME anxiety when it comes to leaving people out--holy moly, i can't even do a "shared items" sidebar thingy yet because it would give me an anxiety attack worrying about if anyone was bent that i didn't put them on there (deep-seated, underlying issues, people. lots of therapy.) baby steps. deep, cleansing breath. baby steps.

so THIS is how my picks are gonna feel about winning the "brillante weblog premio--2008




*ncs at more cowbell
*elastic waistband lady at the smiling infidel
*tori at my life...just pretend you're interested
*omar at the suburban juggernaut
*holly at if i were really skinny....
*shayne at nivey blog
& patrona at the wilde party


you're welcome, winners, for all of the many wonderful ways in which this will change your life.

17 comments:

No Cool Story said...

I will just thank you now.

You have just changed my life. forever. for the better.

Awww. Not worthy!
;)

No Cool Story said...

I don't think I didn't notice I WAS FIRST.
First to comment. First to be mentioned on the award giving.

HA!!!
Beat that.

omar said...

Not only do I feel like that dude in the picture, but I'm wearing the exact same jacket right now!

Thanks, Mindi!

Tori :) said...

OMGosh!! I am so honored, I'm speechless. Almost. Not quite.

ELASTICWAISTBANDLADY said...

I used to play around with my blog template and I kept losing my blogroll because I was too dang lazy too back it up.

I GEEK out when people mention my name, though!

( I too feel guilty for not sending more long distance love and linkie dedications Casey Kasem style to my blog BFF's.)

ELASTICWAISTBANDLADY said...

Incestuous!

I always use that word to describe Mormony blogging. Everywhere I go, I see the same faces! We're like a big Redneck Reunion all up in here.

(I saw Omar first, though. Early 2006, to be exact. Everyone else just followed my lead. :)

ELASTICWAISTBANDLADY said...

Can I throw my award on the bed and roll around it Demi Moore-style?

rachel said...

Yay! congrats you big wiener I mean winner you! It is about time someone gave you an award.

omar said...

Hey yeah, I forgot to congratulate YOU for receiving the award also. Nice job! To the extreme, you rock a blog like a vandal. [You] light up my screen and wax a chump like a candle.

Amy said...

I totally awarded it to you too...because you were my inspiration.

Kami said...

Waaaaaa! ;)

No Cool Story said...

Omar is so right, I also forgot to congratulate you for your award (you know in the excitement to be FIRST and recieving such a cool award and all).
COngrats Mindi!

No Cool Story said...

I didn't tell youlast night because my brain was fried but regarding your playlist, I was going to offer My Chemical Romance and see, there you go and have a picture of him right on your blog.
Good job.

Michael said...

you stink!

steveandsteph said...

Steve told me I had to check out this post. Somehow I missed it this morning as I was dying over the shopping trip from hell! I can't wait to check out some of these blogs. I need to venture out and get some better "blesbian bffs". I haven't gotten so much as a thank you from some of the ones I nominated. What's the deal with that? I wish more peeps would be concerned (or should I say share our deep rooted anxiety) about posting comments and making everyone feel so special. Anyway, LOVE the picture of that guy (I should probably know who he is, but sadly- I don't:)

Omgirl said...

Oh, I see how you roll, Mindi. It's all hearts and hand holding and blesbian love until awards start getting handed out. Uh-huh. Fine. FINE. But I'm taking down the heart-shaped picture of you on my mirror.

Alice Wills Gold said...

I don't know if I should be sad that you didn't pick me or relieved that I don't have to worry about some picture I have to post and some post I have to comply with...I know you know that about me and so I am going to convince myself that is why you didn't pick me....I have gotten really good at this self therapy thing, huh?