MUST haves for your book collection

i just got an email about these books from knock knock and i was immediately in love. i dig how they made them so regal and scholarly looking, right down to the gold-leaf fancy script and old-school colors and textures on the covers.

the funniest part were the descriptions, so i straight ripped them off to put on here--i hope that the good folks at knock knock will forgive as i am trying to promote them and don't wanna make a buck. (well, ONE dollar would be nice. i'm just saying....)


"Approaching that hottie over there requires more than courage—it takes the right words. Exercising the organ between your ears is too much work; instead, use Pickups & Come-Ons for All Occasions to sweet-talk with class or crass. Chicks and hunks alike appreciate the power of persuasive wit, and merely holding this book in your hands will increase your sex appeal by 42.9 percent."

" There’s a time and a place for saying what’s really on your mind, and Insults & Comebacks for All Occasions provides the lines necessary for dishing it out. Target your opponent’s looks, age, intelligence, character, or other sensitive attributes, because you’ll be prepared with the appropriate—or completely inappropriate—putdown or comeback for any situation."


"Everybody lies. If they say they don’t, they’re lying. Scientists have proven that excuses and lies have played a role in our evolutionary survival, so the question isn’t whether to lie, it’s how. Excuses & Lies for All Occasions provides the necessary lines for workplace, friendships, family, your own inner thoughts, unpaid bills, and more. You’ll never contemplate the honest route again!"


"Some people lose sleep before dropping the ax. Others’ fear prevents them from making important life changes. All of us, however, agonize over choosing exactly the right words when worse comes to worst. Breakups & Rejections for All Occasions provides the lines necessary for all manner of firing, quitting, dumping, and disowning. You’ll never again hesitate to pull the plug!"




i'm purchasing one of each. i think they could come in handy.

11 comments:

Pedaling said...

i'm thinking i would love to have these for my awesomeness, self absorbed book collection.

Amy said...

I so need the combacks book. I always think of things I should have said about 2 hours later. Too funny!

devri said...

Is their one for sinnig and repenting?

Mindi said...

devri---

I WISH.
OH, HOW I WISH!

Tanja said...

Mmmm, I think me likey! These are great and they would make some great gifts! ;)

Adam and Kristina said...

These books look hilarious! Are there pictures? I'm all about pictures. :)

MiaKatia said...

I need the comeback one too. I am always a day late with a good comeback!

Petunia said...

Too funny! Be sure to tell us your favorite lines after you read the books. I could use some new ones...

Ida said...

I would so buy those books. Love them all.

tammy said...

I'm with Amy. I can really think of a way to tell someone off, after they're already gone. Hmm...maybe the excuse book too. Never know when that will come in handy. I love the descriptions.

Tiburon said...

I need all of these. You know where I live. Make it happen. ;)