oh, depeche, my love....



i realized this week that in all the time i've been doing a video of the week, i have never included my beloved depeche mode. how did that happen? i am still going down my shame spiral just thinking about it--it's no secret that i have an unhealthy-slash-obsessive love for them.

i OWN it.

but which video to pick? oh, there are too many to choose from-- it's like asking you to name your favorite child...(okay, DON'T do that, because there are many, many days that i can.)

if i wanted to go with something that was just straight up, off the chain sex (sorry, lana) it would have to be THIS, THIS, THIS, or even THIS just so you can see their sheer magnitude of fans in germany who heart them (and martin's pretty pretty bird head-dress.)

if i wanted to go with something sentimental, it would mos def be THIS, or THIS--

if i needed to put a smile on my face, i watch the "can you believe we sold out the rose bowl ?" smiles exchanged between dave and martin at :50 HERE


but today i decided to go with the video which i think shows their humorous side--




so, for your consideration, i give you dave gahan the lounge singer with his sa-weeeeeet back-up singers in IT'S NO GOOD

10 comments:

Trina said...

Oh, thank you Mindi for that Depeche fix. Makes me want to see them live again real bad. It's been too long!

Christie said...

The first concert I ever went to was Depeche Mode. Although I don't care for them much any more, I still enjoy them in small doses. Good times.

rachel said...

Good Choice...alas I have never seen them live...but I heart them so! My college years were filled with DM angst :) Some nights I would just play Violator on repeat as I slept....

Tanja said...

Love me some Depeche! It makes me realize I need to add more songs on my i-pod, cause I can!

devri said...

I do like a good depheche every once in awhile, they make me have a happy day.!!!

Misty said...

Somebody was my 9th grade night dance song and it always brings back great memories. I was lucky enough to see them in concert once and I had so much fun!

Holly H. said...

I saw them my junior year at the Delta Center. IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME. Also, I remember coming home from high school games on the bus... (yes I was a cheerleader), and we were such a small town that we played teams that were 3 & 4 hours away. Anyway, we would listen to "Somebody" over and over again. We loved that song so much!

Megal said...

Oh the love that I feel when I watch that video in particular. Love.

Shanz said...

Oh Man! I will never forget my first Depeche Mode concert. I was 15 years old and it BLEW MY MIND!
I think I've seen them 5 times since. GOOD TIMES!

Shayne said...

Mindi,

Thanks for the drop off of the grand prize. I have never won anything in my life. As you know I am unemployed so my kids really enjoyed the plant for dinner last night and the beans and rice at Kohls are as good as it gets. Thanks Queen Bee of Blogging!!!