ummmm.....do you know who i am?

when spending all of my quality time at dixie regional medical hospital last week, i noticed this sign on the board and the questions made me giggle--it lists many of the important things that i like to ask on a frequent basis, but the ones that i thought particularly applied are :

are those my pills?
i do love me some pills--not so much that you need to check me into rehab, but still....i always live by the motto, "better living through chemicals."

do you know who i am?
i have special love in my heart for this one because we use it all the time, but with "do you know who i roll with? or do you know that i know people who know people?" yeah. doesn't always work. or ever, for that matter. but i still like saying it.

have you met my sister?
because if you haven't, you should--one bakes like nobody's business, and the other likes to talk about sex books.

15 comments:

Christie said...

Ok - that's just weird.

Jori said...

When I had my mel surgery I was asking those little freaky deaks if they were using fresh needles. I had to see it coming out of the package. Did you see how everyone is getting hepatitis down here? Sickos.

ashlynn said...

I know Megan is a baker but I do remember at her bridal shower she received a sweet SEX towel.

Lesley said...

Love it!

Tanja said...

Really?!?

devri said...

Interesting!!!

Vanessa said...

WTH? Do you know my sister? Is the Dr. trying to pimp her out?? HAHA, then I read closer.

Holly H. said...

Is that for real? Oh and btw... "are those MY pills?"

Omgirl said...

Have you met my sister? Do that many people try to hook their siblings up with hot young doctors?

I'm glad to see the "Do you know who I am" one because nothing bugs me worse than when a new doctor comes in your room and doesn't even introduce himself or ask your name. Like they can stick their instruments in all your orifices w/o even saying hello! so I usually make a big point of sticking out my hand and saying, "Hi. My name is Arianne. What's your name?" What I really want to say is, "Usually I make a man pay for dinner before he gets to do that."

Jana said...

Oh Dude, this was a good one. I am literally crying from the laughter!

No Cool Story said...

"...and the other likes to talk about sex books."
Bwahahaha.

Ida said...

haha we have signs like that too. We also have a standard way to answer the phone a standard way to address pain. Umm what else everything is so scripted.

Hilary said...

Mindi I just found your blog & it's freakin hilarious. I have to use the do you know who I am line, cause it's been a while. I worked at the Hampton for Russ forever ago. Tell Megan her old Home Sweet Home friend says Hi.

Tiburon said...

You like pills? Never would have guessed that.

And I have met your bakey sister and tasted her confections. And I am ready for seconds.

Amy said...

Those ARE my pills or one of your anonymous commenters.