utah proves it's the promised land once again: tooth tatoos

(EXAMLE OF SIZE OF TOOTH TATTOO NEXT TO PENNY)



just saw this and realized that utah really IS the promised land......read on:

Making a mark with a tooth tattoo 13th March 2008 A US dental technician is blazing a trail as one of the world's first tooth tattooist.Steve Heward is also a trained tattooist and hand paints minute works of art onto crowns.His company, Heward Dental Lab, based in Utah, US, has been established for 20 years and his team of technicians are trained to be artists first, and taught to construct crowns afterwards.Steve says: ‘I don't know of any other dental technicians that can do what we do. ‘I've been tattooing teeth since the early 1980s and depending on the complexity, it can take from five minutes to and hour or more. But I usually spend a half hour.'He says US dentists ‘love them and are amazed'.Prices for the permanent tiny tooth etchings range from $75.00 up to $200.00 for more complicated designs which include anything from Mickey Mouse, Elvis and Abraham Lincoln to eagles, bowling balls and spiders.'After people see my website and ask the dentist to have artwork put on their teeth, the dentist usually contacts his lab and asks them to do the artwork. ‘When the lab is asked to do something complicated, like what might be seen on my website, that's when they contact me to do it for them,' he adds. ‘I also get inquiries from labs asking if there is a trick to what I do, or is there a secret to what I'm able to do? There isn't any secret at all just artistic ability.'And do clients go to the extreme of having teeth removed before purchasing a piece of his artistry?‘I hope they wait until they need a crown, but I bet some people have them done just because they want a piece of artwork on their tooth,' he says.Go to http://www.toothartist.com/ for further details.


some examples of his handi-work:




now, if you know about my secret longing i've always had to get a tattoo, you know that this could be my "loophole"--i just can't decide between THIS:


THIS:

OR THIS:
any input??

19 comments:

Holly H. said...

I would definitely go with George!

Trina said...

I wonder if they do family portraits?

Tiburon said...

Why pick one? Go for the trifecta!

I wonder if he can do a Mayer?

Christie said...

Costanza all the way!

Vanessa said...

Who the crap would want Amy Whinehouse???? I say go for Jeff Lewis from Flipping Out :0)

Cole said...

GEORGE! and of course it would have to be George lunging in his boxers, nothing else would even compare!

Tanja said...

Most definately George!

Lesley said...

Definately George. He is the only genius of the bunch. And he isn't scary.

Kami said...

How creepy is M.M. even worse...M.J. I too pick George. :)

Aimee said...

No question... the Costanza.

Jori said...

Go with Constanza. It might have to cover a few teeth, but will be well worth it.

Tiffany said...

Definitely George. Across your four front teeth.

If you're gonna do it, do it all the way.

heidi said...

amy winehouse is ironic because she seems to keep losing teeth...
anywhooo, i used to work at the byu bookstore and we had this totally crazy fanatic lady that would come in once in a while and load up on more byu stuff. one day she had me look in her mouth lo and behold, there she had a blue byu tooth tatoo. stange people's mouths are gross.

Judi said...

I think George is the only one that won't leave a bad taste in your mouth :0)

rachel said...

I think you should get your whole Grill done with tiny portraits of all of us...your Blesbian BBFFs :) I triple dog dare ya!

No Cool Story said...

I'd go for George and the "The Kramer" on the other front tooth.

Great conversation starters.

Ida said...

Seriously where do you find this stuff. I would go for Vanilla Ice on your pimped out grill.

Omgirl said...

George. Definitely George. (Ew, seeing Michael Jackson up that close made me throw up in my mouth a little bit!)

Becky, yep said...

George's body...MJ's face...MM's hair and makeup! YUM, YUM!