#1 songs

i saw this on somebody's blog a while back (sorry, can't remember who it was to give props--my bad.) and i've been wanting to do it. you can find out what song was #1 on the day you were born, the day you were married, ect.

being a music FREAKAZOID this was right up my (back) alley. i looked up the songs on the days my precious bundles of joy were birthed by moi and was shockingly surprised to find out that we must like a mild form of rap. each song represents the 'hood in one way or another--


zwani.com myspace graphic comments

for kaitlyn's birthdate, june 24th, 1994, the #1 song was "i swear" by all 4 one. for chandler's birthdate, february 19th, 1998, the song was "nice and slow" by usher (that video could definitely rival air supply's for best acting award--usher's idea of a "concept video" leaves a LOT to be desired). for abbey's birthdate, february 14th, 2001, the song was "ms jackson" by outkast. the BESTEST one was for my baby girl mia's birthdate, april 28th 2005: the #1 song was "candy shop" by 50 cent (can't even in good concience link that one--too nasty even by my admitedly low standards.)

my favorite by far, though, was the song that was #1 on the date that russ and i were married--june 22nd, 1991. for all of you young ones that only know paula abdul as "that crazy lady from american idol", i 'm gonna school you in the fine art of abdul appreciaton. the video "rush rush" by paula abdul was based on the james dean movie "rebel without a cause"--
zwani.com myspace graphic comments

i always loved this video, and thought keanu reeves was AWESOME in it, although you might break up with me for feeling this way--if you can watch with love for mr. reeves and the ex-mrs. emilio estevez, and you want to watch something romantic, then you really should clickity HERE

to find out what songs were #1 on your special dates, clickity HERE

13 comments:

b. said...

HEYYY!!!
We got married on June 23!!
But in 1989....
and the song was Satisfied, by Richard Marx.

b. said...

ps. you got married 2 days before giving birth???
Now, that's a story....

b. said...

pps. um, yeah....Hoss' song from the day of his birth? Is I get around by the Beach Boys.
The b@ast@rd!!!!

Mindi said...

whooopps--thanks for pointing that out. fixed that one. marriage: 1991. katie: 1994.
or should i just leave both marriage and birth 1991??? could cause some controversy.

me likey.

Tiburon said...

Love that a post about songs could cause controversy! You must have seen this on my blog. back when you were stalking me....

http://utahtib.blogspot.com/2008/01/everybody-was-kung-fu-fighting.html

I was Kung Fu Fighting :)

Suka and Brittany said...

u r gonna freak- i was checking my fam's bdays and guess what the number one song was on my youngest bro's bday?!?!?!? "NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP"... just had to tell ya!

The Raybould Family said...

Peter Cetera - Glory of Love. Super good song.

rachel said...

Love Keanu in rush rush...Can't wait to do this one :)

samiam said...

Love Paula Abdul- yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever! I still rock out to her whenever I need a fix!!

MiaKatia said...

My wedding day, Hot in Herre by Nelly, I think it fits ;) ANd my birthday was Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees.

Merrill Family said...

Mindi, I love this. I am totally checking this out. I remember listening to Paula Abdul's "Rush Rush" in High School cruising in my friends convertible stang, good times.

b. said...

I've been dyinngg over the fact that I may have intimated that my Hoss is a (beep-beep)...while he has his moments....he isn't one of those.

Ida said...

I love that song rush rush reminds me of 6th grade and a boy wanted to borrow that cassette tape from me. swoon. oh yeah middle school romance. good times.