gossip girl

i've always loved this print by norman rockwell--i think it illustrates the power of "information" and how it goes so smoothly from one channel to another, whether it should have or not.

i know that gossip is a bad word, a bad thing, something we should avoid. but we all like to compare notes on some things or vent about other things, and especially we WOMEN would certainly not be able to function in a world were we couldn't 'SHARE OUR FEELINGS AND EXPRESS OURSELVES'---heaven forbid. we really are so predictable, aren't we?

so this post is neither defending or condoning a little trash talk--i just had these funny images that i thought the world would be a better place for seeing them....

8 comments:

Amy said...

So funny... I love the pantsuits and the hesitation in spreading something so vile and delicious all at once.

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

Love the signs. Glad you showed us!

jennie w. said...

I love to gossip, as does my husband. We're a match made in heaven!

Holly H. said...

I have a neighbor that always says she "doesn't like gossip" and doesn't want to get in the middle of it".... and she's the biggest gossip in the neighborhood we all found out! I too, love to get the juicy information, but I don't pretend that I don't.

Once again... deep thoughts, by Holly Hargraves ;)

Tiburon said...

LOVE me some gossip. I think it is because my mom has that Norman Rockwell hanging in her house and I saw it everyday of my life.

Tanja said...

Who doesn't like a (little) gossip?!?

MiaKatia said...

I think men like to gossip just as much as the women!

Omgirl said...

the thing I love most about gossiping is seeing someone's face when you tell them something they didn't know about someone they know. Priceless.