thankful thursday

things i am thankful for this week:


1. the public school system. thank goodness!!! and YAY to all of you teachers out there--you are A-W-E-S-O-M-E....with a capital a.

2. that my mom and dad taught me to not go to bed with a sink-full of dirty dishes. it's stuck with me all these years (although why hasn't everything ELSE they've taught me?? sheesh) and it never fails: when i wake up i so glad to not have those staring at me, saying, "CLEAN MEEEEEEE...."

3. i want to say "the rain"....but it's just teasing here in these parts. COME ON, 'MOISTURE'!!

4. good friends who make me laugh hard and play with me even when the other kids won't--

5. children who mind their mother and do their after-school jobs with a smile (mind you, on day two.....but still. positive reinforcement!)

8 comments:

Pedaling said...

all things to give thank for, yes.

Tiburon said...

Super great list as always :)

I am the same way with the dishes. I can be up in bed getting ready to go to sleep and hear "ahem, excuse me, we are in the sink and we are dirty"

Makes me crazy.

tammy said...

Can you please teach Luvpilot to not go to bed with a sink full of dirty dishes?

Christie said...

I always do my dishes too - I somehow feel that if my kitchen sink is clean that I have some sort of control over life.

samiam said...

Good list. You can keep the rain. Here in Washington it is supposed to be in the upper 80's low 90's this weekend and we are all going to die of a heat wave!!

Trina said...

Shoot, I can't even go to bed with the house dirty! It's a good and bad thing.

I'm thankful for #1 and #4, too.

Tanja said...

Mmmm-Hmmm!

MiaKatia said...

I do love a clean sink in the morning, just wish I woke up to it clean more often...