a helping hand

on monday when i posted about any advice or kind words people could give for the confession booth posts, i received this comment:


1 – 1 of 1
Hi Mindi- I found your blog through Kami and Kyle's (Kyle and I are good friends). I wanted to offer some free help to those that were expressing concern over their money issues. I have used a cash flow system with my clients that has been exceptional- it has really helped them get on track with their spending, helped them as spouses communicate better about money and helped them create a strategy for how they spend their money instead of just spending and then trying to figure out how much they have left. I would be happy to run through it with you and somehow verify that I am a normal guy, not some guy from Nigeria or some other phishing scam. I'm actually flying out to show this to Kyle at the end of the month so he can start using it with his clients. So...that's my offer of help. We normally charge clients $1200/ year to use this system but I am willing to help them free of cost. I am a big believer in the "and there were no poor among them" part of the city of Enoch story. I think we as members need to use our stewardship over money better but most haven't been taught how to do it.


I honestly feel like this could be SO beneficial for people. LET ME KNOW-


Thanks,JJ





this exceeded my wildest hopes in regards to help. i was hoping it wasn't too good to be true--i found out that jj is the REAL DEAL. a good guy with a big heart who wants to help these people who have dug themselves into a hole and don't know how to get out.

i did, indeed, check that jj wasn't in the nigerian phishing business--i contacted kami and kyle and they had nothing but praise for this man. so that's all i need.

here is what jj is offering (in his own words):


One on one overview of your financial situation on the phone and over the internet- I will focus only on your current cash flow. The benefit of this focus is that you will not be giving me any personal information- no social security numbers, no dates of birth, addresses or phones numbers- I will focus solely on inflows and outflows. I will explain how the system works, get you a login to the website and load all of the information with you on the phone. Then I will walk you through the next steps and will be available for any follow-up questions, advice and encouragement as you start using the system. You will be receiving all of the same information, tools and advice from which my clients currently benefit. Because I am providing this without cost or obligation I will need to limit the number of people to 5-7.


This is not a budgeting worksheet, this is not quicken or msn money- those are great programs for finding out where you spent money in the past. This system is a strategy for spending your money now and in the future. We use it for clients that have high six figure incomes and for the children of clients freshly graduated from college making $30,000/year. It works for EVERYONE. I sincerely look forward to working with you and helping you gain the peace of mind that comes with feeling in control of your finances.

JJ


what i'm impressed with is the fact that each person jj helps will be hours and hours of help via phone calls and emails, and he is willing to do it, free. what a stud.

so, please please PLEASE email me to take advantage of this--if you'd like to keep your anonymity , please create a yahoo mail or g mail account (it's super easy and quick) and send me an email at mrclove@infowest.com .




i think this is a wonderful gift that has been offered. don't pass it up.

26 comments:

Tiburon said...

What a great opportunity! I hope some people take advantage :)

The Miller's said...

Kasi miller is first in line!! I have been trying to get her to STOP the spending. Let me know more info. you know me I am always interested! Kenny

The Patrona said...

This is my official email request to join the cash-flow cartel. I need this help and am willing to buy your love. Or hussy myself up to the highest bidder...

Kristen said...

Please put me 3rd on the list! My hubby and I definitely need some help...or a very rich uncle!

tammy said...

That's awesome. There are some good people in the world.

Vanessa The Scientist said...

I've been a lurker for quite a while and this is what it took for me to finally comment. Could I please get in on this? I really need to understand money better.

Lana said...

Add me to your Cartel, as my friend Chal said, this is much needed in my household!!

Heather said...

I'd also like to get in if at all possible. I'm pretty fresh out of college and am getting married soon. My soon-to-be husband will be starting law school soon so I will be the primary provider, and we'd rather not wait 4 or 5 years to have children so this system would be wonderful in helping us achieve our goals.

Soul-Fusion said...

what a generous offer!

LN said...

that's really cool! Please add me to the ppl that would like to have one of these sessions.

Kristina P. said...

What an amazing opportunity!

Erin said...

What a really nice guy.

Misty said...

It just goes to show that there are still decent people in the world.

Anonymous said...

Please include me for this awesome opportunity - I left a message at mrclove@infowest.com - as well.
My e-mail address: stoutshouse@juno.com

Kami said...

We love JJ! It doesn't get much better than him. I am glad that so many are interested.

Kami said...

I just noticed your player isn't going. That is so not the Mindi I know. c'mon, you know you want it on auto. :)

hoLLy said...

what a great guy! thats so sweet.

clan of the cave hair said...

the skeptic in me feels like this guy has an MLM type of "opportunity" he's offering. He's flying out to "show" somebody the "system". Notice he is very careful not to call himself a financial advisor? (Which requires specific education and certificates)Financial advisors don't pay for their own flights to show somebody a system, they invite you to their office, and they never refer to their services as a ":system" they might call their services "products" or "programs" or "services" but never "systems"...for the others outside of the 5-7 who get the system without "cost or obligaton" proceed with caution, please? The benefit he gets in offering the "system" to 5-7 people free of charge is that the remainder of this blogs readers will look him up and request more information. Many MLMs don't allow the use of their name in any marketing that a member does, and I notice that a name for this guys "system" ( why isn't it a product or a program?) is mysteriously missing, as are any actual details about what kind of "system" this is. I guess I sound like a party pooper, and I"ll probably get blocked by word to your mother now, but just keep your heads up and your wits about you. There are so many people out there ready and willing to pray on people having a hard time financially with promises of solutions that don't work for most people. The ones who benefit are the ones who sign up their friends and family members (I'll gaurantee you he has several examples of people who've been wildly successful though!)

J.J. said...

Hi Clan-
I apologize that my "pitch" may have sounded like a MLM opportunity, I really am. These are times where skepticism can be helpful. It's unfortunate that we have to be that wary of everything out there because there are so many dishonest people trying to take advantage of others.
I am a financial advisor. I would be happy to send you a copy of my firm's ADV (SEC required disclosure document) and a copy of my licenses and completely clean record. The reason I don't have a name for the "system" is because it is not something that is commercially available to the public. It is not a product that we sell. Our firm requires a minimum investment of $300,000 in order to work with us. The "system" is included as part of the services we provide. Many of the people around my age can't meet those minimums and I am often frustrated that we can't meet the needs of those that can't afford to pay our minimum fee. My offer was an attempt to do so. I didn't refer to myself as a financial advisor because I am not offering financial advice. I am offering to help people get a handle on their spending through the system that works better than anything the other partner in my firm (30+ years in the business) or I have ever used.
Kyle has been a tremendous friend and mentor to me. I am interested in his success and I know his clients can benefit from it as well. If he decides to use it I will gain nothing monetarily. (In the spirit of full disclosure, my trip will primarily consist of meetings with my clients in Utah and a certain concert on the 28th with the Biglers...Tib, I think you'll be there too?)
I work 50+ hours per week, I have a wife and four children at home, and I spend an additional 6-10 hours each week with church work. This doesn't leave me a lot of discretionary time. My offer to help 5-7 people is going to use up 1.5-3 hours of additional time per couple over the course of the next few weeks. I will have a hard time trying to convince my business partner, my clients, and my family to allow me to use any additional time for something that doesn't directly benefit them in any way.
I hope I don't come across as being harsh or defensive. I just want to make a point that this is legitimate. In a certain meeting held about two weeks ago, the phrase "and there were no poor among them" was spoken and then written in BOLD letters in my notes. This is my meager attempt at trying to do what I feel I should do.

Mindi said...

first, clan of the cave hair, there's no blocking here. i appreciate your comments and understand your skeptical side.

i was thrilled when i realized that there was no "catch" to jj's offer--no mandatory 500 dollar software kit to purchase, no 12 month contract to sign, NADA. he's simply just a great guy who wanted to help. and people are wanting some help right now.

my hat is off to jj. like i said, he's the REAL DEAL.

Kyle said...

Clan, you can rest assured that JJ is NOT this...he is more like this.

I can understand being skeptical when people approach you with an unsolicited offer for free financial assistance. However, your tone felt more accusatory than skeptical. Remember that Mindi sent out a request for help at the bottom of this post and JJ kindly stepped up to the plate. JJ is properly licensed (life and securities) and is extremely active in the Minnesota FPA (Financial Planning Association). He has passed the initial exams toward his Certified Financial Planner certificate (CFP(R)) and is one of two partners in an RIA (Registered Investment Advisory) firm that manages over $50 million of client assets. You can also go directly to the FINRA site and run a broker check on JJ for yourself. Just type in Joseph J Sessions and you will see his clean record. You can also check out the website for his firm.

Contrary to your claims, advisors do at times refer to their services as 'systems' (been there, done that) because that is what they ARE. It is also not uncommon for advisors to pay their own way to fly out and visit clients when they have a group of clients in a different state (I go to CA and WA once or twice a year to visit clients). JJ used to live and practice in Utah, so he still has clients out here. I would say he comes out 2 or 3 times a year to check in on his Utah clients, visit friends, and attend Jason Mraz concerts (the last being the most important).

clan of the cave hair said...

well I guess I owe JJ an apology.
it was certain phrases used, which were probably used to keep it brief, that sent up the MLM red flags for me. Sorry to have put JJ in the position to explain himself. As for the comment that a real financial advisor wouldn't fly out to meet a client at his own expense, I guess that should have been followed by "without a good business reason to do so." At least maybe some who were nervous about it will be excited to use your services now?
Again, I'm sorry for the negativity, I just have seen too many people get financially ruined or put even further into debt because somebody promised them something they couldn't fullfill. ( and most of those people have been preyed upon by members of their own church...namely the one that held the meeting two weeks ago, of which I am a member also)
Kind regards...Lisa

Kyle said...

I am officially a fan of Clan. I apologize right back for suggesting your comments were accusatory when your intentions were good (i.e. keep people from being duped). My bad.

Mostly, I'm just glad you gave me a chance to look up the 'Ned' clip from Groundhog Day.

clan of the cave hair said...

oh yeah, that Ned clip...priceless~!

J.J. said...

Clan- No need for an apology. I know you were genuinely looking out for your fellow bloggers. Like I said, it's unfortunate it we even have to have the discussion, but we do.

I would encourage everyone to take a good look at any person offering financial advice before giving them any money. Thanks for the reminder Clan.

Mindi said...

YAY!!!! it's all love for everybody!!

i knew you guys would kiss and make up. and i heart "too legit"--it was one of my favorite mc hammer ditties.

thanks guys for the mini-drama. i do love a good show-down.