holi festival of colors


i have been toying with the idea of taking my two oldest daughters to the holi festival of colors at the hare krishna temple in spanish fork--

once a year at the hare krishna temple they celebrate holi or, the festival of colors--the festival represents the passing of winter into spring. traditionally, colored powder or water is thrown to signify the joy and colors of spring arriving.

i think this looks like it could be a whole lotta fun:








the date is saturday, march 27th and they are holding two celebrations: noon and 4 p.m.

admission is free, & the temple supplies bags of safe, indian-scented powders for $2.00 each, or 3 bags for $5.oo.

is there anybody out there that attended this event in previous years? i'm curious as to what you thought of it...

6 comments:

R-Eight said...

you need to do it!

Vanessa said...

To quote the eloquent Elton: "Don't ever drive by the Hare Krishna temple while the Festival of Colors is going on! There are nothing but stupid freaks covered with crap walking in the middle of the road."

I know parking is horrendous, so just park at my house and walk.

I have heard people say it is fun.

But, that day doesn't work for me. I will be in Kaysville for a dance thing. :)

Loni said...

Haven't been yet, but come on up and I'll go with you! You'll have to shuck your duds and let me hose you down before I let you sleep in any of my beds, though...

{jen} said...

I looked into getting some of the Holi Colors powder for my daughter's birthday... but I found that the powders are toxic and lots of lead in them.... Looks like fun though, just saying.

Harlene said...

We will be there! Much to my teens horror, I'm going with! It's a little like a Mormonish Woodstock....

Just SO said...

My husband went and took my two daughters. They had a blast!!! I would have went but I was up at Snowbird with Jona. Next year we'll probably all go as a family.