mia and the midnight manicure





oh, this story is so precious and silly and it totally warms my heart--
mia (almost 3) sleeps in the same bed as abbey (7). what almost always happens every night is that we put them to bed, abbey knocks off and is snoring like a freight train within 5-10 minutes, and mia tries to get up and play. sometimes she takes books and toys out of the closet, sometimes she goes through the bathroom to chandler's room on the other side to bother her, occasionally she pulls out dangerous cleaning chemicals from the cupboards, etc.--- if we hear her we try to get in there to shut her down and put her back in bed. sometimes we hear her, but we are way too busy watching who brett michaels is gonna kick off "rock of love 2", so we let her play for a bit.

so that's how it was going down a couple of weeks ago when she comes in around 11:00p.m. and has managed to get into the bright pink nail polish and spread it all over her fingers and toes. i clean her up, take these picture of her handiwork, and put her back in bed--game over.
the next morning abbey comes in for breakfast and has this bewildered look on her face--she holds up her hands and says, "what happened?" we glance over and see that her fingernails had been coated with BRIGHT PINK NAIL POLISH --AS SHE SLEPT!
oh, my funny baby--it makes me giggle thinking about abbey being dead to the world, arms stretched out, and mia lovingly giving the best manicure, ever.......

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, baby! Mia is just living up to the standards already set by her sisters, Kaitlyn (at age 4) who could knock the key off the top of the door jam with a broom and unlock the deadbolt to escape the house; Chandler..where to begin..remember the breaking into cars in search of gum; Abbey I don't remember her being that mischievous..Mia rocks!
I love who she has started to call me "Christmas" since December! She just creating memories for us to talk about for years. Thanks Mia!
P.S. I also wanted to be the first to comment today. give everyone else some good competition!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Your little Mia is darling! That is so funny. She is covered. You gotta love polish!

Becky, yep said...

WHAT?! I love it, her intentions are so sweet!

Megal said...

Mia...but "it's not my fault!" I love that girl. She is one of a kind and has a lot up her sleeve. She is the sweetest little baby ever.

I want to give Kristin a personal congratulations on being the first to comment today. She really is stepping it up! The competition is heavy now!

Jennie Minor said...

that is the funniest story I have ever heard. Mia is great.

Unknown said...

oh, i love it! nice work, mia!

tiburon said...

Oh my gosh that is a CRACK UP!! Your Mia and my Lulu would get along famously. I can just imagine the trouble they could get into.

rachel said...

At least you know she has a great career ahead of her :) I love the oh so innocent look of her pose in the pictures! She is cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's pretty good that we did not have to call the "pigs" out on ya'll for yelling that could have insued for the naughty. What a funny! I only wish you could have got a good shot of Abbey when she came out with all the love!!!

{Annie N.} said...

LOL! I love her I can't wait to see what she paints or draws on next. Maybe she is trying to tell you she wants to be an artist when she grows up. :)