101 random thoughts or mindi's musings of the mind.


1. i'm ready for fall.
2. but not too much fall--and NOT the cold.
3. if you play with fire, you are gonna get burned.
4. then why is it so fun to strike the match?
5. my sister loni used to collect all of my brother mike's toenail clippings in a cup.
6. we all saw that cup with a disgusting amount of dirty nails in the pantry for years and we didn't think anything of it.
7. puffy cheetos are my current favorite.
8. i love this album. as well as this one.
9. rbc turns 40 years old in 2 months!
10. i bought 8 boxes of alphabits cereal at harmons the other day.
11. my girls want to buy salted nut rolls every time we hit mr. d's.
12. they make me want to puke.
13. i shake out and fold each pair of jeans when transferring from the washer to the dryer.
14. it's a little anal or ocd but i think it helps with the wrinkles.
15. i hate cleaning the kitty litter box out.
16. today is a 'comfy clothes' day--nothing binding or restricting.  a bra only if i see someone other than my immediate family.
17. i bought a ped-egg at walmart yesterday.


18. it was on the 'impulse buy' aisle and i ipulsed.
19. i also bought a slap-chop. (even though vince likes hookers.)
20. because it was cheap and i am not good at dicing or chopping up an onion.
21. i want someone to make mia's scrapbook for me.  i wish i could afford to hire some sucker.
22. gravity is NOT working with me or my breasts right now.
23. we've been watching breaking bad on dvd.


24. a conservative high school match teacher who decides to start manufacturing meth completely fascinates me.
25. i hate it when people use 's in the wrong place. it irks me to no end. (or should i say 'irk's'?)
26. if i could have only one make-up item it would be lipstick.
27. i LOATHE running.
28. i like things to smell good.
29. if i could visit europe, i would want to go to switzerland.
30. i need to cook more. but i don't really like it. and it doesn't like me back, either.
31. i have a mid to moderate potty mouth.   & garfunkle playing in the background every time i say that.
33. at times, i think i have adult a.d.h.d.
34. i'll spend a ridiculous amount of $$ on jeans, but don't want to pay more than 20 dollars for a shirt and 30 dollars for shoes.
35. i wish i was having mexican food for dinner. and every meal.
36. i got these cutest nick & nora owl pajamas for mia & madi yesterday on sale for $7.98.


37. i have a very real fear of the dentist.
38. i hate the taste of anything coffee flavored.
39. confession: i might have left a few confessions in confession booth.
40. it was pretty freeing in a surprising way.
41. i think funny guys are sexy.
42. i would shave off 10 years of my life to always be at my ideal weight.
43. without having to work at it, naturally.
44. i've thought about my weight 50 times a day since i was in the 3rd grade.
45. dark chocolate is a waste of chocolate.
46. i haven't worn nylons for over 10 years.
47. peanut m&m's have become a favorite of mine over the past 2 years.
48. i don't like to talk on the phone.
49. which surprises most people who know how social i am.
50. i get burnt out on blogging.
51. my mother-in-law had a heart attack when she found out i pierced kaitlyn's ears at 2 weeks old.
52. it was very 'CATHOLIC' of me,  she thought. ****TRANSLATION 'NOT MORMON'****


53. so, naturally, each one of my girls has had their ears pierced before 4 weeks old.
54. i was born into a very strict but very loving mormon family.
55.  my entire family including both parents, both sisters, both brother-in-laws and one brother are still fairly strict orthodox momons.
56. i am the black sheep of our family--i don't do very well being a mormon.
57. but i'm still trying. hoping that one day it will come naturally.
58. i once saw an adult man next to me at the stoplight pick his nose, look at it, and then eat it.
59. i actually started gagging.
60. i think my 4 girls are the most beautiful, talented, & gifted children in the world.


61. i never took the ACT.
62. i did, however, take the DCAT (dixie college aptitude test.)
63. i never cared enough to find out what my score was.
64. but i like to say it was about a 36.
65. i find joy in popping a really great blackhead.
66. intervention makes me cry.
67. every. single. time.
68. i can take down more diet dr pepper each day than most people i know.
69. it's not something i'm particularly proud of.
70.  i've talked about stopping to see if you actually lose weight.
71. but i don't think i can actually go through with it.  it's my zero calorie comfort.
72. i've never turned on/operated our lawnmower.
73. and i'm totally okay about it.
74. i can have whole conversations after i've taken my ambien. and not remember a word.
75. i can be a hopeless romantic.


76. but then i can also turn around and totally be 'the guy' in our relationship. (read: insensitive)
77. i haven't joined the pta for the past 5 years.
78. i'd rather send $$ to the school.
79. my stereo in my car is totally ghetto.
80. which pains the music aficionado in me. GREATLY.
81. i can't whistle.
82. i wish i could have someone come in and clean my house weekly.
83. especially my wood floors--i hate to clean them.
84. but i LOVE to wipe down my granite kitchen counters--i do it many times a day.
85. i sometimes like confrontation.
86. wtf?


87. i just picked off all of my nail polish today in sacrament meeting.
88. as well as colored a spectacular picture of joseph and his amazing technicolor coat!
89. i like helping the kids with math.  that's russ' job.
90.  mine is english or writing any paper.
91.  i have never broken a bone.
92. pedicure= HAPPINESS.
93. carmex= GREATER HAPPINESS.
94. i have a heart shaped birthmark on my foot.
95. the kitties are under my computer chair even as i type--i don't want to roll over them.
96. but my sister wishes i would.
97 i am really super sick of eating salads with chicken right now.
98. i listened to this pink song and actually threw a fist full of glitter in the air the other day.
99. it made me happy.
100. i can't believe i've almost made it~
101. my 10th grade teacher, donny basile, can suck it! ( see? i CAN FOLLOW THROUGH.)

19 comments:

Jod Jas Curtis said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!! YOU ARE DA' BOMB-- oh, wait, did I use the ' mark in the wrong place hahaha :)
You can make anyone's day brighter....jeez, I'm pretty sure I got that one right
Loves

Mia said...

I heart you and all your randomness!

mCat said...

M-Cat likey Mindi and all her randomness : )

carly k said...

I'm concerned and way grossed out with the saving of the toenail clippings. yuck and yuck! Pat and I stayed up like 2 nights in a row watching Breaking Bad. Love that show. And what do you got against Mr. Basile? I think I showed up to his class twice the whole semester and still got an A...he was too far gone to notice/care.

What a Girl said...

As if a truck driver would be drinking diet anything!

tiburon said...

We are truly made for each other.

I am leaving my family and moving in with you.

tammy said...

Your 101 random things list is the only one I've actually ever read all the way through. I could probably copy half of it and make it mine.

Anonymous said...

Holy Sweet Mother! I would totally shave off 10 years to always stay at my ideal weight.....maybe 15.
Both of my girls had their ears pierced as babies and my father in law was having a coronary. I almost had to kill him.

Vanessa said...

I have a Ped Egg and love it. You will too.

I hate running also. It's stupid.

I should quit the PTA and just send money. It's much easier that way and a lot less Desperate Housewives-esque.

Any think P!nk makes me happy. Especially Glitter in the Air.

Just SO said...

Just another 101 reasons for me to keep reading your blog.

Although I do like me some salted nut rolls, can we still be friends?

MotherBeck said...

Love 101 random thought. I got sucked into the Ped Egg....meh. It takes FOREVER! Good luck though...

RoMo said...

Love the random posts.
25. YES! Why does there suddenly seem to be apostrophes everywhere? Note to the abusers: apostrophes are POSSESSIVE.
28. YES!
29. Why?
33. Agreed.
35. YES!
38. Me too.
39. So did I. Real ones.
46. COOL! They are of the devil.
48. Neither do I.
In case you cared.

Steph said...

When I saw the title on my sidebar, I had to come check it out! Randomness+Mindi= a great way to spend five minutes! I have to say, my random list would be very similar. Especially (and I jotted these down as I read them) numbers: 25, 28, 33, 39, 41-50, 65, most of the 80's and 90! Good stuff!

Tiffany said...

My favorite? "64. but i like to say it was about a 36."

You could not be more adorable. Unless, of course, you ran over the kitties with your computer chair.

Shawn said...

I can't stand talking on the phone either and I am miss social butterfly---wha the?

Great post---loved it! And I truly would throw that glitter---I have been known to do that many a time.

gina bina said...

I think I might play along! I know I've got 101 random thoughts swirling up in there.

Omgirl said...

That's so funny about piercing your baby's ears being Catholic. Jennnie and I were just discussing ear piercing yesterday, for which our mom made us wait until we were 12, which sucked royally. And my sister told me my mom said we couldn't get them pierced because her dad told her only Catholics and hookers got their ears pierced. Weird coincidence? Or was that the common belief in Utah?

As for me, when Daphne says the word, she's pierced. Ears, at least.

Ida said...

Love it!

janece said...

So I was doing fine until I find out you have NEVER started your lawnmower...maybe I need a man after all.