the power of britney or madeleine had an HUGE britney spears influence early in life




for all of you britney spears naysayers, i speak to you today about the healing and calming powers of her new cd, "blackout".

this is madelaine and she is my sister, megan's first child and my neice.  she is precocious little lady who is the sweetest thing in the whold world.  she has taken to crying whenever she's strapped into her car seat.

megan tried talking to her, singing to her, animal noises, clicking, whistling, the whole deal but still she won't stop crying. 

in frustration and desperation, megan turned on her new cd from britney spears and within 15 seconds she's stopped.  completely.

she sat through the entire britney black out cd without a word for the next 48 minutes while megan drove and laughed and called neal and me.  when the cd ended and it skipped to the next cd, "black celebration" by depeche mode, madi started to fuss.  she waved her arms and scrunched up her nose and started to cry within 40 seconds.  she switched the cd player back to britney and madeleine was quiet in less then 10 seconds. 

when megan told me about this i couldn't wait to witness it and worried she wouldn't do it again.  but i didn't have to worry because this little girls knows exactly what she wants.  and that is britney freaking spears, dammit! is that too much for a little person to ask for? 

it's been the cutest thing to experience in the car with her and megan.  little people are the best and so much entertainment.  we love watching this little one grow.

9 comments:

Megal said...

first off..if she was your baby you would have realized that you spelled her name incorrectly. it is Madeleine. That was almost as bad as the time Jeff spelled it Mad-o-line. Secondly, I want to proclaim my love of this c.d. just because it has such a healing power for this child! Forget "What to Expect" books...this is the first thing all mothers should go out and buy!!

Mindi said...

whoops. sorry about my bad. i hope madi will forgive me. or, rather, madoline...

{Annie N.} said...

You guys are funny, and Megs can I burn that CD my kids are much in need of her calming powers.

Jennie Minor said...

I am SOO glad that you have a blog! Now I can see what you guys are all up to! I am going to have to get this CD. I have heard all sorts of good things about this, and if it calms kids down, I am all for it! Madi is so cute. I can't believe she is already 1.

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

that is awesome - i love it

thanks for starting a blog now i can stalk you.

Mike and Debbie said...

Umm...scary. But I have to admit...I too am mesmerized when "piece of me" come on. Like all of her songs...there's some kind of mind control going on there. Maybe it's just the train wreck effect!

Just please don't let "your daughter" get a hold of a razor. If she's in love with her this much now...who knows what she might do next to show her devotion!

Oh and PS...I too am extremely happy that you have a blog now.

Mindi said...

Debbie-this is megan-i am so glad that you also have embraced the joy that is britney spears. she is too good and i have decided that she can't be a bad mother if she can put out such baby soothing music...right?!! Oh and don't worry about the razor thing. as you may be able to see from the picture this girl does not have much hair to lose. she is taking after her mother on that one!

Mike and Debbie said...

When I said mesmerized I didn't mean "enjoyed" I meant brainwashed in a weird sort of a way. Maybe this is Britney's attempt at a lullaby for the kids she can't legally even see right now! (But I respect other points of view nonetheless...)

Mindi said...

debbie--oh ye of little britney faith....only those who have not wittnessed the power are non-believers! glad you are here