the 1980's called: they want their hairbrush back...




i am somewhat scatterbrained. "easily distracted" is what i prefer to call it, but i tend to misplace things or lose things quite easily. i've lost purses, cell phones (two now and counting), my wedding ring (bad.), different kids in different places (very bad.), money, brand new beauty supply curling irons and straighteners that cost 150 dollars (just happened when we went to stomp), etc, etc. you get the idea--i suck at keeping track of things, and i've been this way all my life, but increasingly worse as i get older. but, for some insane, wildly unexplainable reason, i still have one item that has been in my possession since i was a junior in high school: my hairbrush.

let me tell you, this little number has seen it's share of excitement. it ratted many a teenage girl's bangs into the beloved "cobra"--upright and standing position, has been covered with aqua net, bold hold, stiff stuff, aussie scrunch, scruples, paul mitchell, vavoom, suave (only when russ forced me for a while), joico, and a hairspray that i got out of a tijuana bathroom (for REAL. when i was 18. it seemed like a good idea at the time....can't explain why). it is missing about one third of it's bristles, is covered in several unidentifiable liquids and really should be put down, but how can i possibly do that when it helped my hair look like this?


i was gonna clean it off before i took the picture, but then i decided that it wouldn't be a true and honest depiction, so you are getting it way too up close and personal. don't be a hater on my brush, people!! (see slang term of the day). it has served me faithfully for many years, and if it holds up to it's track record, it's got at least another 20 to go.

8 comments:

Jennie Minor said...

you had blonde hair? WHAT? Love that I am not alone in losing things. everyday it is something new and Preston always is asking me, can't you just keep things in the same place? And I just lost ANOTHER cell phone. AHHH

L and T said...

You didn't upgrade in the late eighties to the kind that squirts hairspray from the other end?! I still had mine in the mid-nineties and my roomies made fun of me

R-Eight said...

Mindi I order you to throw that nasty thing in the trash! Yuck!

Joellen said...

I was just going to leave a message on how you need to throw that thing out then I remembered that mine is from my first job after beauty school. I borrowed it from a fellow stylist and have not given it back yet. So I don't think I can talk.

Anonymous said...

Sooo-do you have a fresh bottle of BARBECIDE on your counter? I bet if that thang took a dip, it'd desinagrate! As an over-obsessed-with-beauty-products-individual,
I AM FRIGHTENED!

Heather T. said...

Holy crap. I think you are one of the best gals I know. Truly I do but, HOLY COW, that is the most nasty thing I have ever seen. Probably because once hair is off the head it makes me want to puke !!! Even my own hair, thus I was a beauty school dropout !!!! I will probably wake up in the night screaming in horror from my nightmares about your brush !!!

Mindi said...

don't be a hater, heather!! come over and i will comb your hair pretty with it....

Heather T. said...

Oh silly Mindi, I am totally a HATER of that brush, and for that matter any brush that is not mine. I don't so much share brushes or a bigger NO NO chap stick !! I throw up a bit when I see others share chap stick. If I get caught using mine and someone asks to use it, it is theirs for keeps. Yup, good way to get free chap stick, ask to borrow mine. Either that or I will just say no, just like drugs, just say no !!!!