i think i have the bubonic plague.

i am SO OVER this cold/flu/influenza/scarlet fever/bubonic plague that has got a choke hold on me right now. but, apparently, it is not over me. people are dropping like flies around me in their valiant fight against this nasty strain, and i had been immune up to this point.  i was thanking my lucky stars and feeling a little smug that i hadn't come down with it and wasn't i a picture of health? and then BOOM.  karma is a bitch and she's bitten me on the butt.

the photo to the right is the actual picture of my lung that i coughed up yesterday. i sure hope my other lung will be able to carry the burden of me all by it's lonesome. things have been so bad that i was even desperate enough to consider for like a nano-second taking some robitussin, but i'm afraid that     experimental phase with that product in high school has prevented me from doing so. russ and i leave on saturday to go to california for his marriott conference, so i need to get better, like yesterday. does anyone know of a good medicine man that i can hire to come and pray over my body? i hear they work wonders.... okay, if not, then where i can lay my hands on some black-market lortab to put me out of my misery?

6 comments:

tiburon said...

Good looking lung you have there. Sorry you got the crud. We have had it too - but it seems tto have a death grip on me. I still don't feel 100% - but then again, when was the last time I did? I think it was pre children...

Erica Onelove said...

Hmmm, your lung looks rather tasty. Looks kinda like those cow tongues in the supermarket meat department.

I got the funk too but it didn't last more than a week or two.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Megal said...

Sucks to be you right now. I really feel bad for you, especially because I called you the other day and I thought you were a man answering the phone!! I hope you start to feel better right now!

Anonymous said...

Daniels ointment! It has a super strong menthol base. Grandma's Herbs in the middle of town has it. I think they give 20% off with a Dixie D. card. It helps coughing if you put it on your chest & a bit on the bottom of your feet. Crazy I know, but it really works. I did it on my babe last week & now it is gone! Thanks to my sis.

R-Eight said...

Yuck! Feel better.

{Annie N.} said...

I love Megan's comment. I'm sorry your sick. Missed you at the rec center. :)