thankful thursday

things i am thankful for this week:


1. teachers & the public school system--today marks 1 week since abbey's tonsils came out and it is time for that little lady to go back to school. i am SOOOO over her tonsils-- i miss my life. teachers are fo sho the highest calling--i salute you!

2. my friend joellen who went to cosmetology school. she does the landscape and maintenance on my eyebrows and i think the whole world thanks her.

3. my daughter katie for being our saturday night babysitter. russ and i love, no, NEED, no, HAVE TO HAVE those hours away from all youngsters. katie makes it possible.

4. liquid lortab (2nd week running. see #1)

5. unlimited supply of hot water. since i've gone into my cat-lady phase this past week and don't leave the house, i likey to take a long, wasteful, environmentally-unfriendly shower. like 25 minutes long. is it right? no. do i do it anyway? you know i do!

6. a husband who wants to make me an omelet every morning. love you russ.  it always tastes better when you make it.

11 comments:

tiburon said...

Awesome list. All great things to be thankful for. I am glad you are playing along :)

Stephanie M said...

I LOVE getting my eyebrows waxed. Its my favorite beauty procedure :) But I hate when those ugly little hairs start to grow back.

Holly O. said...

Your husband wants to make you an omelet every morning? Lucky girl. I don't think mine even wants to pour me a glass of OJ every morning.

Melissa said...

I love that you'll admit that your not PC (politically correct) or that you're killing the rain forest or something along those lines with your 25 minute shower!! You go girl..

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Thank you Joellen! Much appreciated! :)

melissamarchant said...

Mindi - I just love that I get a little piece of your week right here. You are so honest and funny and it is just so refreshing.

Mia said...

I would scare small children if I didn't have a great eyebrow gal!

Amy said...

Mindi-
I am copying you! I love that you are straight forward and just tell it like it is... You're the best!

Jennie Minor said...

I am jealous that your husband makes you breakfast every morning. I think that I am going to have to copy this "Thankful Thursday".

Lemon Annie said...

I wanted to stop by but I wasn't sure if this would be taking "Blog stalking" to a new level and that would be "whack"!

the rbc said...

I want to do it just for you everyday baby. You know I would do anything for you! (I just hope you like them!?!?!?)