chandler caught me in a weak moment and now we have a chick from sue's pet castle.

this child in particular has a knack to catch me usually on the phone, totally distracted. she called me when i was in the h&m dressing room in california and asked if she could buy a chick from sue's pet castle. i said no. she asked again, with please. i said no, again. she said it wouldn't even be at our house, it would be with abbey guymon's chickens at her house. i said no. she asked again, with please, and i have my own money, and abbey guymon is getting one, blahblahblah. i was just trying on my 5ooth shirt/pants/skirt and totally gave in to all that whining and said, FINE. OKAY. FINE.

flash forward three days later as i
arrive home to find this little guy in a
tupperware container in our garage. what the freak happened to living somewhere else i asked? then i got the story that while it's a baby, it has to stay at our house, it will go with the other chickens when it gets just a bit older, etc. i straight got PLAYED, and good.

oh well, he is kind of cute--chandi named him "hopper" and i dig him as long as he always stays this tiny and never grows up. what do you think the chances of that are???

3 comments:

tiburon said...

I feel the same way about my children as you do about Hopper. I dig them when they are tiny - and as long as they don't grow up. But soon enough little Hopper is going to tell you he hates you and that you are the meanest "grandma" ever.
Good luck with that...

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Fun for Easter and then I would send him on his merry way.

Megal said...

i also enjoy hopper and much prefer him to a kitty so that makes me happy!