mindi gets a new phone after losing hers. (yes again.)

yeaaaaahhhh. i've had rather bad luck with cell phones over the years. i've dropped them in sinks, toilets, pools, and hot tubs. i've dropped them on driveways, parking lots, bathroom floors, and pool decking one too many times to count. i've left them in stores, restaurants, people's homes, hotel rooms, & movie theaters. i've even lost my cell phone in my car for 3 days, only to find it wedged waaaaaaaaayyyyyy under the seat, dead as a doornail.

i guess you could say i'm a bit careless. or A LOT careless. i try not to be, but for some reason unbeknownst to my poor husband, i cannot seem to keep a phone for longer than 18 months (and that's doing really well).

i lost my phone when we went to "ka" in las vegas 2 weeks ago. i just got the replacement today, and let me say this: if you think you could live for 14 days without a cell phone, i'm here to tell you: you CAN NOT!! it has been ridiculous the number of ways it has impacted my life from the little itty-bitty things to things large and in charge.

here's chandler programming my new, cute green phone that she picked out for me specifically because it had a flip out keyboard. it's pathetic that she knows more than me and can do it 5 times as fast. i've just decided to harness that information and make her work it for me.

i am grateful for my new phone and in an effort to keep track of it, i thought that utilizing packing tape might be the best way:
wish me luck!

10 comments:

Lesley said...

I love your new phone! I am fairly sure that my husband would make me live without my phone if I lost it. I have learned to keep track although I would LOVE to have your new one!

Jori said...

That is a fabulous new phone! You keep that sucker taped to your arm!

hoLLy said...

sweet phone. it is crazy how dependent we all are on our phones(i don't mind at all, my husband works for t-mobile. its our bread and butter!) hooray for cell phone dependence!!! $$$ :)

Me and The Boys said...

love the cute green phone! Maybe I'll randomly "lose" mine....

tiburon said...

Funny thing is - I just got the same phone. Different color. Same phone. You should patent that duct packing tape idea - it is a goodie. You will just have to remember to wipe with your other hand when you go to the bathroom...

tiburon said...

Oh and seriously what kind of get up are you running around here?! You promised pictures. And then, no pictures. What a bunch of bull. I want my money back.

Oh, speaking of pictures....going to dig out those yearbooks for you and Megan :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Ya, I am with Tib... I want my money back too. ;)

P.S. Sassy new phone, I am diggin the green, here's to not losing this one!

Mia said...

The packing tape is a great fashion statement. Hope it works!

Erica Onelove said...

What phone is that? I love the green....wanna trade? hehe

{jen} said...

You know, I can think of a lot of uses for that pkg. tape. My baby thinks that she wants to start crawling... I think that I will just tape her little booo-ty to the ground until I am good and ready to deal with a mobil baby!