thankful-thursday--friday-edition



lesley just made this little summer time thankful thursday, so i' thought i'd use it for a while until fall, and then switch back to tib's--they both said anyone could rip them off, so i'm all for the free taking....thanks guys!


well, after fessin' up about my elective surgery (like that i put that in italics? i do, too..), this thankful-thursday-friday-edition is gonna be all about the peeps who showed me much love:

*for my main man russ, who is seriously a better caretaker than any hospital nurse on this planet. he got lots of the "eeeeeehhhhhhwwwwww" jobs and handled them like a champ, all the while having to quiet my drug-induced insecurities and hear me whine about the fact that i have kankles now with these stupidfrickinihateworsethanlifesteriods i'mtakingforthisstupid freakin erythemamultiformethatmightjustput meoverthefrickinedge. there. anyway, i love him dearly and depend on him for so much and i wanted him to know how i love him more than i could ever say

*loni (the other sister as it says on her blog profile) for letting chandi come up and shack up north with them for the week--chandi was in heaven with "dates" with her older cousin and swimming lessons and the hannah montana stadium of fireworks!

*for kristin for sewing a pocket in chandi's dress for her "chappy", taking katie up with her to slc to to hannah montana for the 4th with fabulous shopping luxurious weekend thrown in, and for letting mia come down to "christmas' house" to play for hours on end and having way too many sleepovers for my girls

*for megan and jody taking kids at all hours, but also getting the best job, EVAH, of putting me in the shower on a plastic chair and washing my hair and back and all of my extreme leprosy. they had to do rock-paper-scissors all morning long to see who got to do the rest of the washing. i ended up winning. to my megan for bringing in dinner and taking care of my kiddies and for jody taking not one, but TWO trips to jumpin' jacks. wow--that is true dedication.

*for kamari knowing just when to bring a jimmy john's slim 4 and a the biggest sonic diet cherry limeade on the planet and chatting with a friend who was getting cabin fever.

*for dannielle for bringing me my mostest favorite movie almost on the planet--school of rock--and self-tanning cream so i wouldn't fret about losing my coppertone hawaiian tan (which, btw, is all gone so a lot good it did me to vacay THERE.) and for chatting with a friend who was already at full blown cabin fever stage

*for my mom and dad who took kids overnight multiple times when we had sudden hospital sleepovers and for being the best grandma and grandpa in the world--and for my dad who had to look in on his sleeping angels two or three times in the night just to chuckle at what new position mia was sleeping in. too funny.

*for arianne, my blogging blesbian bff who rocked my world with her homemade soap giveaway that i won-- i love them and now pledge to forever NOT use them to wash as they are "too cute"!


*for tiburon, the only blogging blesbian that i 'fessed up to pre-surgery--my girls think i should get surgery all the time from now on if she keeps sending something as pimped-out mack daddied as this:
how adorable is that? in typical tib fashion the card read, "hope you feel less sucky...."--i love you babe!


alright, there is a lot of love in this room--just wanted to shout it out from the rooftops!

16 comments:

Jori said...

Fess up to the world girl, then the gifts start flowing.:)

Cole said...

Gee, wish I had a cabin to get a fever at!

Tiburon said...

I am soooo glad it got there. Super fantastic list - I love that you have so many people watching out for you :)

Holly H. said...

Great List! Can you imagine not having family and friends?!?

Kami said...

I am so glad you have so many taking care of you.

Tanja said...

Family and good friends are the best-you're a lucky girl!

R-Eight said...

I'm so glad you are safe and sound (after you lose the kankles of course. Feel better.

Lesley said...

So great! I love the support and love you have! You are lucky!

devri said...

great post!!

Omgirl said...

I'm so glad you like the soaps! If I had known you were laid up with a new and improved body, I would have sent you a full-on care package! (Um, is that a gang sign you're flashing at me? in that picture? I hope it means "you rock" in Gangish.) p.s. I have had a little work done too. We'll have to compare before and afters some time.

MiaKatia said...

Love that you have great people watching your back.

Becky, yep said...

thats a lot of thankin'!

Shanz said...

A.wwwww man! I had NO idea that you landed yourself back in the Dixie Regional Medical Center. I am SO SORRY!. What a scary thing. I'm just so glad that you are doing better now. Give me a ring when you feel up to it. Love ya girlie.

Trina said...

So glad that you have been blessed with so many loved ones who've got your back!

Kristi said...

You are one loved woman and so blessed with so many great people in your life. I am so glad you are better...I have nothing but love for you, babe.

Renee said...

That's the best get well gift ever. I'm going to start stalking Tiburon.