russ and mindi see the foo fighters at red rocks september 2008


i've dreamed of going to a concert at red rocks ever since i was a 14 year old girl and saw bono marching with a white flag in THIS awesomest video-- i watched it out of the one eye that i had a contact in. i even tried to convince my parents to let me drive there while on a family vacay in steamboat springs when i was 16 years old to see the go go's. they said no.

russ and i got to experience this breath-taking venue for the foo fighters concert and it was stunning.


we were graciously welcomed into a row just 5 or 6 rows from the front--these ga people had been here since opening 5 hours earlier and we had no clue that we were to arrive early to save our spot.  they were around our same age and i think they understood that the struggle as older people is real.  it was an incredible concert that russ and i won't ever forget.  or the trip to mcdonald's afterward that was a disaster.......

but i digress.

the amphitheater was even more breathtaking in real life--it was a cool evening, but the cloud cover overhead kept us warm and made the sky look UNREAL. i would go back in a heartbeat to that beautiful spot--



all of our bff's waiting for the show to start:



dave and company rockin' it out:




sometimes we do cool things.  this is one of those times.




26 comments:

Devri said...

Wow woman, I think you do everything I want to, how about you babysit, and I go to one of these puppies?

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

How cool! I have always wanted to see a show at Red Rocks. Such Jet-setters you and the Russ Cat are. :)

Trina said...

Oh, I love Red Rocks. I like that it's just an hour away...I will be going there later this month to see Sigur Ros.
Glad you finally got to go to a show there! And that it was the Foo Fighters. I'm jealous.

tiburon said...

I am so glad you finally got to see them - and at Red Rocks!! How awesome. All hail the RBC!

Tiffany said...

How fun! I still remember the first time the Foo Fighters were on David Lettermen. He looked into the camera and said very seriously, "I just want to point out to all you, that while you're resting safely in your homes, these people are out there fighting Foo."

It was classic.

Aimee said...

Girl, you so lucky! B and I were there just over a year ago... gorgeous, isn't it? Unfortunately, we didn't have tickets to the Stevie Nicks concert later that evening... but after seeing the early-bird freaks marching in 5 hours before the concert, dressed like they wanted to be her twin, men and women alike... we were pretty much okay with that. It would be nice to see a really cool band there, though.

Krista said...

FF would be so fun! That Dave Grohl is hilarious!

Denise said...

Looks so much fun.

Kristi said...

That is so awesome!!

Christie said...

I would love that concert! Red rocks looks amazing too. How fun.

tammy said...

I haven't been there in forever. What an amazing place to hear a little Dave.

rachel said...

That venue does look beautimous! Glad you had fun...I wouldn't expect any less :)

Darian said...

Jason LOVES the Foo Fighters but we kept going back and forth about getting tickets...first they were $150 and then they went sky high to $300 a ticket so needless to say we didn't go. Next time you go to some sweet concert like this invite us. We would love to go with you!

Anonymous said...

We couldn't get tix, big bummer!
I wish I would of known you were in Denver...you must come out here again! Aren't you and Amy still planning a trip in the near future for another super cool show?!?

gina bina said...

You sure know how to party!!

Hacking it up said...

WOW!! That looks awesome!! I've never been...but must go someday!!

Super Happy Girl said...

That's so cool. What an awesome venue. I love Red Rocks.
You luuuuucky!

Omgirl said...

That venue looks awesome!!! Hail to Russ for his sweet seat snagging skillz. S.S.S.S. for short.

Whitney R said...

Wow, that's a beautiful place for a concert. I grew up by the Gorge in Washington and that's also a beautiful place for concerts. I've been to a few there.

I love the Foo's, I am jealous.

Petunia said...

That amphitheater is totally gorgeous!!

ktmay said...

i am so jealous i could cry. my husband and i love foo fighters. i love the song on your blog- everlong. i have to go get it for my blog now. do you like their song "razor"? i love the music, but the words are so dark. still love it.

Tori :) said...

I really like the Foo Fighters! How cool!

Shannon said...

Awwwwwwww man! I am so jealous!

Mia said...

I have only been to Red Rocks when it is empty, but it truly is one of the most breath taking places on earth. I am really glad you got to go and see the Foo there. Fun times and of course the two of you look adorable!

Renee said...

Love it!!! I haven't been to a concert in a year and I'm way jealous, not only about the kick-&*$* band, but what a venue!

Erica Onelove said...

Mindi I am jealous. Let's go to Kid Rock yeah?