thankful thursday


things i am thankful for this week:



1. that rbc didn't kill mia when she chucked her flip-flop out the car window while we were doing 65 mph. and that we found the shoe on the side of the road, un-maimed. just psychologically damaged.


2. that i got to spend the afternoon laughing and gossiping with amy and my long-lost friend from high school, cheryl--it was seriously like 10 minutes had passed since we graduated . cheryl is a high-powered clothing-line guru and has the greatest company: cherella. check out her stuff. it's also not what you know, but WHO you know--she totally scored us some of her super-cool, "money" bags--




i got THIS:


and THIS

also i'm so very grateful that amy and i became friends more than 10 years ago.  i love the shit outta that chick. they always say that you never truly keep any of your high school friends later in life, but she's been my one true exception.  i'm glad because she gets me in a way that no one else does and i love talking to her about history and books and music and tv shows.  she's my OG ride or die.


3. the apple pie apple from rocky mountain chocolate factory. totally sinful. totally worth it.


4. aunt megan letting chandler hang out with her and madi. chandi thought she had died and gone to heaven. i had to ix-nay the adoption papers. poor chanandler bong.


5. the promotion that russ got at work--he is amazing at his job, and it is finally paying off. i'm so proud of him. now if we could just locate the wealthy older gentleman who wants to adopt us. does anybody know someone fitting that description? and could give him our number? thanks. but for REALS THOUGH? russ constantly amazes me with his incredible talents as a hotel GM.  mark my words this man is destined for greatness and is practically there! i love this man so damn much. 

15 comments:

Brittany said...

you did NOT say chanandeler bong!! oh that just brought a tear to my eye and a laugh to my lungs...

Hildie said...

Apple Pie Apple.

Let me pause for a moment while I think about the fantasticness.

And it's healthy because it's an apple!

tiburon said...

I didn't know that RBC got a promotion!! And I am sooooo bummed we didn't hook up while you were here.

I cried a little.

Tiffany said...

Congrats on the promotion, and on scoring those adorable bags. Is it possible that your friend sells these adorable items at one of my favorite stores ever, Whimsy? I believe I have pined over those exact bags in that exact store. And the hoodies. And the coats. I want to be their model. Do they want a short, rotund model???

Anonymous said...

I WANT one of those bags and I WANT a pay raise!! If I had those 2 things then I would have something to be thankful for today!

samiam said...

Cute bags. I checked out the site and I want it all!
Congrats on the promotion!

rachel said...

I am still waiting for YOU to adopt ME :) can I dream a little dream?

tammy said...

Poor poor flip flop.

You had to mention the apple. Now I'm gonna have to make the 30 minute trek to go get one.

Megal said...

so adoption is out? I don't know if Madeleine will like that very much. I will tell her to take it up with her Aunt Mimi.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for rbc and even better for you. I'll have my people get in touch with your people but I want, no need, no want,no need that purse. I'm in. Just let your peeps know that I'm callin' this one.

Misty said...

Congrats on the promo, love the purses and send the old men my way!!!

Physcokity said...

I call dibs on the purse with the pink flower! It is C-U-T-E. and I lurv it!

Amy said...

Love the post! We had such a fabulous time... why don't we live in the beautiful Park City? Oh...yeah... because we aren't nearly rich enough... oh...to live the dream life!

Mia said...

Yeah for RBC. Way to go mister! So nice when the hard work pays off. And if you find that older gentleman give him my number too ;)

Renee said...

I love the word promotion!!!

Hey, those purses are really cute. You have all the good connections.I'm still waiting for my BFF Martha to contact me. waiting...