ralphie's house for the holidays: a christmas story b&b

mindi and dad--1979



i always love to watch a movie with my dad. as children, it always seemed like we enjoyed the film just a little more if dad was watching. the jokes were funnier, the romance was sweeter, and the songs were more heart-felt if dad was in the room.


i don't know exactly WHY that was, but all i know is that it continues to happen even now.


case in point: two weeks ago when my dad wanted me and the girls to go to high school musical 3 with him. now, keep in mind that mindi had already seen zac & company, TWICE. (it's a sickness. don't judge.) but all i had to hear was that my dad was going, and i was IN.


my all-time favorite movie to watch with my dad is a christmas story.


he laughs throughout the whole entire film, and it's totally infectious.


the experience includes:

*airfare for four people from anywhere in the lower 48 states to cleveland, OH (up to $1800 total.


*2 day, 2 night stay for four in a suite provided by the renaissance cleveland hotel.


*christmas eve accommodations for four at the 'a christmas story' house.


*christmas eve dinner for four provided by pearl of orient chinese restaurant.


*christmas day dinner for four provided by sans souci, an award-winning, fine-dining restaurant in the renaissance hotel.


*$200 stipend for food & beverages during stay


i thought i should bid, but at posting time the winning bid was $2500.00, which was just a little bit rich for this girl's blood.



two of my favorite scenes in the movie are:





the leg lamp's glow of "electric sex"



get your own full size leg lamp HERE

or download your own MAJOR AWARD certificate HERE

23 comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVE this movie! Can you believe my sister has never seen it? I think she must have been adopted or something. I love it when Rlaphie's little brother is eating his dinner like a good little piggy!

Robin said...

This is one of my favorites too.

Mindi, you've got to check out my blog for a classic Twilight moment.

tammy said...

That is the best Christmas movie ever! Christmas just wouldn't be the same without it. And I love how TBS plays it over and over all day long. Please don't show that lamp to Luvpilot.

Brooks said...

Best Christmas movie EVER!!!And I love the award!

Renee said...

My favorite part is "FRAGILE"! So funny!!!

Lesley said...

I used to watch that movie with my dad too! BTW They have stockings at walmart in the shape ofthe lamp and other accessories to match. Perfect for your mantle I think.

rachel said...

This is one of our family's faves as well :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous movie and gotta love the leg lamp!

mCat said...

Also one of my FAV's, and tradition to watch multiple times starting the day after Thanksgiving. And....been wanting the leg lamp, will hit the site NOW!!

xoxo

rychelle said...

that leg lamp made an appearance at our house a couple christmas' ago.
fun!

carrie said...

Tis the season to be Jorry Fa-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra! Best Christmas movie ever! It's a tradition at my house to have the 24hrs. of The Christmas Story on all day.

Mia said...

That is really cool that your dad wanted to go with you and the girls to the movie. My dad has a one movie a year policy that he sticks to. I can't remember going to the theater much with my dad.

Omgirl said...

Fra-gee-lay. Must be Italian.

Erin said...

I love the little curl of hair on your forehead.

I wish I could watch the movie with your dad too!

bows and more said...

Loved that movie too! Thanks again so much for having my bows and stuff at your open house! And for taking care of the sales for the first few hours! You have a beautiful home! Thanks again! Kelsi

Mrs. L said...

Great movie! Too bad you didn't win that fun auction.

Steph said...

This is the movie I replayed over and over again in my head when I was too excited to sleep on Christmas Eve. I can recite the entire movie word for word and I do not get tired of it. It is the best Christmas movie ever!!!!

Plain Jame said...

What the heck, dont rip me off WORD. My google reader shows the first of the "mawwwrage" post and I come to read it on your blog and it's gone. It had better return or you're not getting your surprise in the mail!

Thats a real threat young lady....

For reals.

I'm serious.

Physcokity said...

My favorite is when they play this movie non-stop for the 24 hours on Christmas Eve/Day.

How was HSM3 with your padre?

The soft glow of electric secks gleaming in the window.

Frag-eee-lay

Physcokity said...

Although one of my favorite parts of this movie has to be when he's trying to decode his super 'secret message' from little orphan Annie, and when he realizes it's a "crumby commercial" he swears. Not that I condone kids swearing or teaching them to swear, that part just kills me.

tiburon said...

I think you should totally go for it!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuudge!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

OH MY HECK! I knew I loved your for some reason! I LOVE THIS MOVIE and some of my friends think I AM CRAZY! You'll poke your eye out!
Oh and the chinese song...HYSTERICAL!
Oh and the vacation...hmm, what a WONDERFUL gift. Too bad it's so high! How awesome would that BE?

Trina said...

"I like Santa." Classic.
This makes my Christmas complete every year.