i've been blogging for 365 days



things that 1 year of blogging have taught me:

1. it's a small world. there are lots of people out there to re-connect with.

2. it's nice to get a pat on the back from other bloggers & get your ego stroked a bit.

3. blogging IS narcissistic. you have to be a little that way to put your business out there for others.

6. you can't please everyone.

7. you CAN please lots of other people.

8. nobody has kidnapped my children or broken into my home that they recognized from viewing my blog.

9. i HAVE been recognized by those i don't know from posting glamour shots of myself on my blog. as have my friends.

11. there are always gonna be a few haters out there.

12. there are always gonna be a few that love you out there.

13. it IS possible to get "blogger burnout".

14. blogging has boosted my self esteem at times and torn it down at others.

15. i've made new friends through blogging that have changed my life for the better.

thank you for 365 days of blogging--here's to 365 more!

21 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey, I know you love a good giveaway so I thought I'd bring your attention to one at Store and Style (www.storeandstyle.com) Click on the red giveaway button at the top and then go from there!

Tiffany said...

Happy anniversary, Mindi! I love your list, I love your blog, and I love visiting here every day! Here's to another year of Mindi-inspiration!

Messy Jess said...

Such a way with words girl!

Pedaling said...

tiffany said it best.

congrats and cheers to another fun year of the bloggity blog, blog!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, looking forward to the next 365 days with YOU! ;)

Renee said...

No. 8 is the best.

rachel said...

Best list ever....

P.S. I'm still adding to my hair collection...mini-mindi is not yet complete.

Vanessa said...

Glad you aren't throwing in the towel!

simply kris said...

I've been hibernating.still lovin' all that The Mindi has to offer. So nice to know if I go on hiatus, I can return to something so unconventionally normal. Thank you for the giggles. word.

Trina said...

Good list. Oh, and happy anniversary!

mCat said...

hapy anniversary! Love you, love your blog!

Mia said...

This is a great list Mindi. Happy Anniversary!

Omgirl said...

It's been a good year! Glad to have found you so soon after you started. I feel like we've been in this together. I hope you're still around in another year and that all the blog haters and nervous blogdowns haven't made you quit.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

What a Happy Day! Yay for one year...here's to many more. What a great list. I have felt that way about all of them cept #18...I'm workin' on it. ;)

#4 - Thank you!
#9 - me too...Ha!
#16 - Thank you again

We need to celebrate!

Misty said...

Like your list - I definitely agree.

Anonymous said...

The RBC says: Happpppy Annnnniverrrrrsry baby!!!! I love you and am happy blogging makes you happy. Keep it up!

Aimee said...

DITTO! You took the words (so many of them) right out of my mouth. Congratulations on your anniversary! You're a blogging superstar!

nikkicrumpet said...

LOL mini-mindi's from shower drain hair. Gee there is a goal worth setting! Thanks for the blogging truisms...and for always making me laugh!

sandyseashells said...

Just stopping by.

tiburon said...

Happy Anniversh!

Sorry I am one of the friends that has actually taken your stock down...

Steph said...

Gosh, I've been at it a year too and I am no where near the expert that you are! You are truly the blogging queen bee. P.S. I love your new blog makeover. I need to do something with my boringsville blog. . .