the world's biggest jar of cinnamon bears or mindi's birthday lunch at haven w her besties


yesterday i celebrated my birthday lunch with my besties at haven restaurant (you need to go to that freaking cool website. NOW. i'll wait.) and was still in love with the food. i've been there 3 times in the past 6 days and would go again tomorrow. if you are in the santa jorge area, this is a MUST. as are the doughnuts for dessert--holy mother of all addictions!

they sucked up to me and brought me out a piece of cake with "happy birthday" spelled out in chocolate syrup--i saw the perfect opportunity for a blog photo-op, then dropped the ball when i lifted up the plate and the cake slid. right. down. through the writing.



totally typical mindi.


we took advantage of their cool decor to have a photo shoot--i liked the fact that i could have a white dog in the picture. which says, "i have class, money, and taste. without the money part."


{l to right: kamari, jody, birthday girl, kristin, amber, dannielle (witness protection program)}

thank you all for your kind comments on the blog, on the facebook, and in the person. you made me feel like a million bucks. AND some change.


and they lived happily ever after with the world's largest jar of cinnamon bears.

11 comments:

Devri said...

what I missed it, dang it I am sorry,

Happy Happy late birthday Mindi dear,

will that do?

Lainey-Paney said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm cinnamon bears....

Anonymous said...

So, next time we're heading there for lunch...I am all about doughnuts for dessert!

Sounds like a great birthday, wish I could of been there to celebrate!

Plain Jame said...

I think I'll try Haven tomorrow, my mammy said it was good grizz - & we have to come down there for something later today. Stacy (haven owner) was my dance teacher when I was in 8th and 9th grade, isn't that just the bees knees? That lady is a major go-getter!
I hope the donuts like me and I like them.

Cinnamon bears, I love it! cute picture!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

We have to go there! I'm so glad you had a fun day spoiled by all who love you.

Wow that Jar is 'in tents'! Now only if they were chocolate covered cinnamon bears, I could have it gone in no time. :)

Erin said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday. I'm sad that I have already been to Costco three times this week, because if I would have known about this restaurant, I would have gone there instead of to In-N-Out Burger.

Omgirl said...

I'm sorry, the cinnamon bears might be a friendship deal breaker. BLECH. you are going to have to do something HUGE after this that to make me like you again. It should involve chocolate or money. Or both, if you want a really LOYAL friend. Just FYI.

jori-o said...

Okay, so I've been gone for a few days and come back to you, only to find that you are able to make me laugh out loud with every. single. post. I LOVE everything you share!! And next time I drive through the gorge, you can bet your batootie I'm making a stop at Haven--it sounds devine!

Oh, and happyhappy birthday!

tiburon said...

Soooo jealous!! Looks like you had a great day!

Did my prize get there?

Plain Jame said...

So the husband took me to Haven on Saturday and we loved it! We got the donuts - could only eat ONE each because our dinners were huge (still boxed up half our dinners) and so we took the rest of the donuts home to our girls and they were amaaaaaziiiiiing.

I'm so going there again next time. I loved the ambiance inside too. FUN! a few of the workers though? lame - they were flat our rude when we showed up without a reservation and we (obviously pregnant belly and mormon-y) rejected a wine list... hello??

Anyways, I really liked it and want to try the meatloaf next time. mmmmmmm.

Mia said...

Mindi!! So sorry I missed your birthday. I hope you had a very special very happy day, and I hope you get to keep celebrating for a few more days!!!