2009: clove's year of the concert?


to know me is to know that i love nothing better than going to a really great concert.

some people don't get why i would spend so much time and energy and $$$ going to see musicians play live. but i also don't get why some people want to run a marathon or join the pta (an evil communist plot!).

all i know is that IT. COMPLETES. ME.


so, i must say: i might just out-do myself in 2009.

there are so many great concerts coming around this year, and here is my line-up for the next 6 months:

the killers friday, april 17th at the new joint at the hard rock hotel in las vegas



rick springfield monday, april 27th at tuacahn here in st. george (DON'T JUDGE.)



keane tuesday, may 12th at the kingsbury hall in salt lake city



no doubt saturday, may 16th at the mandalay bay in las vegas




MY FIRST LOVE depeche mode saturday, august 15th at the pearl theater in the palms hotel in las vegas and tuesday, august 25th at the e center in salt lake city



nickelback wednesday, august 26th at usana ampitheater in salt lake city and sunday, september 6th at the mgm grand in las vegas (REALLY. DON'T JUDGE.)


u2 in las vegas in october

i told katie that college was only gonna be a reality if she got some really kickin' scholarships--


good thing she's so smart.

18 comments:

Just SO said...

Those are some awesome concerts. I'm not a big concert goer but I don't judge people who go. (btw I LOVE Nickelback)

Trina said...

Pretty sweet lineup!

I'm totally jealous-Depeche twice! By the way....I have an extra ticket. Wanna make it three times? :)

Devri said...

I am soo jelous

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I so want I mean need to go to U2 with you in October...am I way too late on this one?! aw c'mon.

Yay! You will be here for an extended stay in August!

ps. Did you get my email? or should I just text?

Melissa said...

When did Rick Springfield get so hot??? I'm still waiting for some good big hair bands to make their way to florida....

Have fun! Sounds like a great buffet of rockin' men!

L and T said...

hey we're going to No Doubt with McQuiveys! See you there

Me and The Boys said...

totally have a girls weekend planned for NO DOUBT! We went in June'97, so now it's time for our own reunion tour! SEE YA THERE!

rachel said...

Can you just roll me up and put me in your pocket? come on, i'm little :)

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl. I would love to take Ryan to see U2 in Vegas, he would flip!

Ida said...

I am jealous. I would have to sell one of the children to afford all those concerts. But I am really wanting to see No Doubt and Depeche Mode.

tiburon said...

I am glad you got the elusive Killers tickets!

Can't wait for Keane and Depeche :)

And Rob Thomas should be touring this year too -

Judi said...

I'd so join you for Rick and for Nickleback!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Rick Springfield! I saw him in high school and loved it! It looks like you have your work cut out for you. Hey I'm coming to your city for the next week. I would love to have lunch or something with you if you have the time. Email me at angiebatis@msn.com or give me a call at 208-283-3184 if you think you might have some time. I think Amy will be there too and maybe we could all get together!

mCat said...

Yeah, I totally don't get the whole concert thing, but hey, YEAH for you!

When you are in SLC, we HAVE to get together.....

Omgirl said...

Well, I'm not a concert goer. Never have been. I only go to concerts of people I absolutely LOVE and can't live without. And I still sometimes wish I'd stayed home with a poster and the CD. BUT, I would go to Depeche MOde again, I think. It was my first concert and they've been good every time since.

2 Green Eyed Girls said...

I just saw Rick Springfield 3 weeks ago in Ft. Worth and it was a great show! Love him more now than I did the first time at the age of 8 at the Salt Palace. Good Stuff!

Renee said...

Ooooh, these are good! You guys get great shows out there.

Shawn said...

STILL jealous about Keane...

U2 was here last week---played at the Somerville Theatre---radio winners only attended...would have been fun.

And I went to see The Police last year---was on the 10th row---ahhhh, love Sting----so hot!