DO'S and DONT'S of a trip to new orleans or russ & mindi life lessons


DO realize that the major downside to having a digital camera and forgetting to bring the battery charger is that you can't take photos.

DO throw a mini -fit and perhaps (allegedly) stomp your foot.

DON'T think you're gonna feel any better about it after alleged fit, cuz you won't

DO throw (allegedly) another mini-fit when you realize that you got into new orleans 2 hours too late for britney spears 'circus' tour kick-off concert at the superdome.

DON'T be smart enough to realize that you should be somewhat embarrassed by that fact.
DON'T try to speak the local dialect with your impressive knowledge of french --example:

mindi, speaking to the valet: "yes, i'd like directions to CHARTREUSE street."

valet: "you mean CHARTERS street?"

mindi: "ummmmmmmmm, yes."

DON'T wear your new flats out shopping because they will give you a massive blister on each heel.

DO buy the world's most expensive pair of flip flops at urban outfitters because it's the only option you got.

DO eat the best mexican food you've ever had in your life at el gato negro.

DON'T be shocked that you gravitated to one of only two mexican food restaurants in new orleans.

DON'T be surprised that new orleans could quite possibly be the dirtiest and smelliest city you've ever been to.

DO surround yourself with many intoxicated, crazy and/or bi-polar vagrants if you want your self-esteem to shoot skyward. because they think you are the BOMB.

DO get your own homeless, intoxicated, perhaps bi-polar bum on bourbon street, because it has MORE than enough to go around.

12 comments:

Just SO said...

Sounds like it was a fun trip with the exception of the battery charger. Were you able to take any pictures?

Boo and Sara said...

I missed you Friday morning. Sounds like you had a fun time. I have been to New Orleans once 8 years ago. I am with you on the smell and all of the homeless people. Love your blog!!

Mikki said...

Hope you had a great time!! Sounds kind of like crazy fun.
I usually confuse my Spanish with my French and end up mixint the two into one sentence. Oh well.

Hey, I'm having a blogiversary giveaway at my place. Come check it out.:o)

R-Eight said...

HAHA! So funny! I'm sorry your trip wasn't perfect. I guess they can't ALL be fabulous. Hope your blister feels better.

Tiffany said...

I also own a pair of forced-to-buy-because-of-blisters expensive flip-flops from a vacation. I think mine were $38. Hopefully that makes you feel better.

Glad you're back!

Cole said...

I have so beeen there with the camera with a dead battery. Ten rows back from the dugout, great new camera, dead battery! All I thought that day, That would have been a great picture. Over and over and over and over and over.

Then my hubby chrips up, man if only you had a good battery....I'll show you battery as I beat you over the head with my camera!

Anonymous said...

That's someplace I 've always wanted to go, but have never been. Maybe just once!

Amy said...

I am so glad that the ghost of Madame LaLaurie didn't get you in the City of Narlens. Are you impressed by my knowledge of the lingo...You should be. I learned alot from Benjamin January because I have never been there... yeah- I suck!

tiburon said...

I have never been to NOLA. I am not gonna lie - you haven't sold me on it.

mCat said...

I'm glad you are home safe and sound. I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about NOLA. Really. Skin is crawling......

Omgirl said...

So what I really want to know is, how many times did you get drunk and flash your boobs at someone hoping for beads?

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

wow...you are brave, I would never want to go to the superdom after what happened there. I too had to buy a pair of overpriced flipflops.

Glad you are back...and by back I mean "online". :)