hiking camelback


i've long been a firm believer that exercise is NOT for fun and/ or recreation. i believe it is strictly so that i can eat a few more chips & salsa at the dinner table.

so when on vacay, i was peer-pressured into hiking camelback mountain with my besties. (HERE is a funny little info guide on climbing camelback that made me laugh~)

i tried to channel a gazel-slash-mountain-climbing billygoat, because the trail was steep, rocky, and a little rough at patches. it was only about 1.2 miles up, but it felt like a mini-marathon at times. i may or may not have done a little bit of whining. ALLEGEDLY. (but it was really soft, and only to myself.)

all whining aside, i must admit i would have been so sad if i couldn't have been there to see this view half way up:



jody and kristin with our own version of gazelles, darrin & dannielle:



one of the highlights of the whole hike in mindi's opinion was seeing THIS:



i'm not really sure who hikes camelback in a tiny bra and low-slung yoga pants, but it was obviously working for this girl. AND every male between 13-60 within a half-mile range.


VICTORY!

"JACK! I'M FLYING!!!!"


one thing that was interesting to me was how incredibly good food tasted once we reached the top. i'm not big on apples, but i must confess that this apple dannielle handed me MIGHT just have been the best one i've ever tasted:

and yes, i realize that my thigh looks grotesque and somewhat deformed. i would like to state for the record that it was squished up against the rock. (okay, maybe not--i think it was a tumor.)


the hikers who made it. (the other ones were left for dead along the trail.)



afterwards we went through the mcdonald's drive thru and ordered more food than i thought was humanly possible for 5 adults. our total was an all-time high for dirty ron's drive thru as well: 51 dollars.

my newest guilty pleasure is the cinnamon melt--pure awesomeness. it's available all day, every day, so you really must give it a shot. you won't regret.

13 comments:

Renee said...

So dang funny!!!

Creative Juice by Loni said...

Your perception of yourself is so twisted, girl...most of us would KILL for those thighs!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

What a view! I think you look great! I wish I had that girl's confidence...maybe. ?

Tiffany said...

I hate that girl in the bra and low-slung pants. I really do. :)

But I love you. So much!

Anonymous said...

If I could pull that look off, I would wear it too! Anything and everything tastes better when you're out in the wilderness!!

Just SO said...

Good on her. But when I hike I wear full on body armor.

Looks like a beautiful hike. And sounds like a yummy apple.

mCat said...

Good for you girl! I am uber-proud of you!
And now, I would like to hike the Camelback. Not in a tiny bra, but perhaps the low slung yoga pants. Oh wait, I don't have a tramp stamp - no good. I'll just have to wear regular work out clothes. Imagine!

Kendra said...

Looks like so much fun and I will have to add this hike next time we are in that area!!!

tiburon said...

If I had that girls body I would have hiked the Camelback freaking NAKED!

Just saying.

tammy said...

Could you see my house? We're the one on the golf course with the pool.

kado! said...

...does that girl know you were snapping pictures of her?...she probably loved it=)

....have you seen the movie "Into The Wild?"....the part about your apple tasting so good reminded me of the apple part in that movie!

& I've been a FAN of the MC.D's cinnamon melts for quite a while now...actually they are probably the only think I will eat there...YUMMY!

Amanda said...

TOO Bad a ROCK didn't hit her in the head! I loathe girls who have g-strings hanging out of their pants- I don't care HOW cute you are. That post brought tears to my eyes! LOL!

Omgirl said...

All I know is that if I had the body that girl has, I'd wear a sports bra and low slung yoga pants too. EVERYWHERE.