scaredy-cat or IS my high-rise hotel room swaying?


when we were in new orleans we stayed on the 36th floor of our hotel.

i've decided that i must be getting old and a bit quirky, because i must confess: i was a little freaked out about it.

i kept waking up in the middle of the night with visions of the twin towers crumbling to the ground, and wondering just how sturdy the hotel structure was. then i would ponder for a moment on what kind of natural or man-made disaster it would take to reduce my room to rubble. and if there was any sort of way for me to land on the top of the pile, safe on my mattress with my i-pod on.

if there was a rumble or a bit of shaking (usually from the maid's carts outside. TERRIFYING.) i was immediately anxious and wishing i had a bottle full of paxil. i never used to be scared of heights, so i wasn't sure exactly where this was coming from. i think it might be the early stages of senility/menopause/pms/multiple-personality disorder setting in.


who IS this woman, and what is she doing inside my body?



all i know is that this video makes me nauseous.

9 comments:

tiburon said...

I want a bottle of Paxil at all times. Whether I am up high or not...

Omgirl said...

You know what, I never was afraid of heights or speeds or anything like that growing up. I was fearless. But I find myself more afraid of heights the older I get too. Suddenly, roller coasters kind of freak me out when they never did before. And standing on the top of something high with a long way down actually scares me. It must be an age thing. Lame, huh?

veronica said...

I think my ears popped while I was watching that video clip.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I too have a healthy fear of heights. Being in a dirty city along with that would be enough to send to the edge.

Just SO said...

That is insane. Insane I tell you. The building...not your fear of heights.

Renee said...

I used to live on the 14th floor of a building for years, and I would have regular nightmares about elevator accidents, and twin tower type of situations. Not fun.

Megal said...

You sound just like me. That is why I hate staying in Las Vegas. The hotels are much too high for my liking.

Devri said...

yep, scaredy Kat,

but you are a kool kat, so I will still be your stalker.

Anonymous said...

I can relate! I think it's an age and a mommy thing, personally.