stewie hulet's candy shop


this is the 'candy shop' set up by the boys at the end of our street--
i had to pay homage to them after driving by saturday and being impressed by their spectacular, high-pressure selling techniques:

about 15 feet before you hit the store, there are orange cones set up with signs instructing you as to what to do.....

then these two fellas come right up to your car (no reason to get out! they will make it EASY for you!) and bring the price list--the young man on the right will jot down your order in his notebook and take it back to the store to be filled--


when we were accosted, errr.....STOPPED, we chose the rice krispie treat, brownie, and chocolate pretzels.


and ordinary pretzels they were NOT--
i think these young men are on to something.

12 comments:

tiburon said...

That is SWEET!!!! (Pun intended)

I really hope the kids up north don't catch wind of this. My ass can't afford it.

Anonymous said...

I too fell victom to the scamming of youth. Dang rice crispies call to me. Plus they are pretty cute & spastic kids. You gotta love 'em.

Just SO said...

I love it! I would have got the chocolate pretzels... I love those things.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

pressures on when they approach you. Props to their moms for the packaging. :)

Anonymous said...

How cute are they? I think I would have bought them out, I have a thing for brownies and rice krispie treats!

Vanessa said...

What an entrepreneur! And he even had the menu LAMINATED!!!

mCat said...

That's just too cool! Well played boys!

the glendenning family said...

I'm a Sucker for candy stands...Would have stopped too. Oh well it's just another hour with our special friend mags...

Omgirl said...

What kind of fantasy neighborhood do you live on where people stop your car and bring brownies right to your door???? Freakin' A, Dude! I'm moving there TODAY!

Renee said...

Smart kids! I admit, I can't pass by a lemonade stand without making a purchase. Love it.

Riggs Rascals said...

Holy cow--that freaked me out-the kid on the right is my nephew...I so would have stopped by and made a purchase.

Miss Amanda said...

that is soooo cute!!!