101 thoughts


1. i liked this post when my blogging bff's tiburon & tiffany did it.
2. but i haven't done it because it seems like a lot of work.
3. and i'm lazy.
4. i have ant bait next to my computer even as i type.
5. which makes me feel like a dirty, dirty girl.
6. NOT in a good way.
7. i want to go back down to las vegas with caylor & amy.


8. and eat again at lavo. it was the bomb.
9. my laundry room carpeting needs to be replaced. YESTERDAY.
10. but nobody wants to be my carpet sponsor.
11. i cleaned out my kid's downstairs toy room this morning.
12. i found a lot of things that shouldn't be in a toy room.
13. which makes me all crazy-angry-road-ragey.
14. i like the smell of glade plug-ins in my house.
15. but i tend to have too many, and it can get too strong.
16. AND make almost any thing baked in my house taste like perfume.
17. unless you actually EAT it in my house. which is lame.
18. i can hear my children screaming at each other.
19. which is the loveliest sound on the earth.....
20. i want to send them to swiss boarding school.
21. i'm tired of being the only person to fill up water bottles in this house.


22. i want daisy and flex to get together on daisy of love.
23. which is a guilty pleasure that i shouldn't watch.
24. i drive on an empty gas tank for a LONG time.
25. i always think i can get at least 30 more miles out of it.
26. i have a gift for remembering an amazing amount of pop culture.
27. which is kind of a really lame gift.
28. since i can read something in the scriptures and not recall it 10 minutes later.
29. i fa-REEEEKING hate all those facebook quizzes. must. be. squashed.
30. but i still love you, even if you take them. I VALIDATE YOU.
31. i love having all girls, but sometimes i feel like i'm not a very good mother.
32. i think it has something to do with the fact that i'm not really a nurturer.
33. which is why it's a good thing that i married one.
34. but i can be very calm and diplomatic in some stressful situations with my children.


35 one of the funniest movies i've seen in a long time is 'the hangover'.
36. which i will deny seeing in a court of law. OR to my peers. or to my mother.
37. i had an idyllic childhood.
38. due to my awesome parents who i respect and love immensely.
39. i hang up on telemarketers.
40. i love to plan things for our group of friends to do.
41. i've been called our 'cruise director'.
42. but, alas, i've NEVER been on a cruise.
43. because of the confession booth, i learned a HUGE secret about another blogger.
44. it was by accident--they forgot to check 'anonymous'.
45. to even things out, i told them a secret about me.
46. we've become confidants. i trust them.
47. my naughty word i need to give up is 'd-bag'.


48. any male who still wears a puka shell necklace would fall into the d-bag category.
49. i LOVE where i live.
50. i fell out of my miniature van while leaning out to get the newspaper in my driveway.
51. which is on a steep hill.
52. my miniature van crashed into the neighbor's yard across the street.
53. it FREAKED me out.
54. but it's a helluva good story to tell at dinners and company christmas parties.


55. i've lived my whole life in utah.
56. when i get mad or frustrated, i tend to yell instead of cry.
57. i think my husband is really, REALLY handsome.
58. but he probably won't see this as he never really reads my blog.
59. a situation that i used to be bugged with.
60. but i'm okay with it now. i've achieved 'ZEN.'
61. i only comment on 2-3 blogs regularly.
62. but i read almost 50 on a daily basis.
63. i've resolved myself of all 'blog-guilt'.
64. i don't carry a credit card in my wallet.
65. because i learned to hard way that i tend to be naughty about it.
66. but i DO have my american express number memorized.
67. (strictly for emergencies. so i tell myself.)
68. i just took off my acrylic nails for the first time in over 4 years.
69. and my hands look ugly.
70. but, BOY! I CAN TYPE FAST!!!!
71. when i just typed the number 69 i giggled.
72. i like to share.
73. i wish i was rich so i could have my jody do my hair for me every day.
74. i hate to do my hair. because i've never been good at it.
75. a trait which i inherited from MY mother. bless her soul.


76. i feel a post coming on justifying why i bought concert tickets to nickelback.
77. FOR TWO CONCERTS. in slc AND vegas.
78. yikes!
79. i can make most people feel really comfortable in a social situation.
80. but i tend to talk way too much when i'm nervous.
81. i don't really like talking on the phone very much.
82. i think it's because i've spent most of my life doing that WAY TOO MUCH.
83. i've been told by quite a few people that i smell good.
84. which makes me happy.
85. and also makes me freak OUT when i smell b.o. under my armpits after working out.


86. i'm a bit of a freak about people's teeth.
87. i love to dance, but i'm not very good at it.
88. i'm ashamed to type that i like 'blame it on the alcohol' by jamie foxx.
89. and, YES, i know it has a bad message. BAD! BAD!
90. and, YES, i know that 98% of normal, well-adjusted people hate that song with a passion.
91. i love my sister's carrot cake with cream-cheese frosting.
92. but i don't like it with nuts.
93. i have a VERY WEAK bladder.
94. i can stop to go potty at every single city/rest stop between las vegas and salt lake.
95. i made cake pops last week. they were yummy.
96. but i ate almost all of them over the weekend.
97. which made me want to get bulimia.
98. but i didn't. i sucked it up instead. and ate the rest of them.
99. i'm too lazy to capitalize anything that i type anymore.
100. my naughty sense of humor can get me in trouble sometimes.
101. but i still go for it anyway!

25 comments:

rachel said...

101 reasons why I {heart} mindi!
xoxo
rachel

Me and The Boys said...

LOVE THIS!

Just SO said...

Ha! Great! Our truck rolled out of my sister's driveway and hit the house across the street. It just popped out of gear so now whenever I park on any amount of hill I always put the parking break on.

Our bladders must be twins.

I'll try to back off on the FB quizzes.

Tiffany said...

You have no idea how happy this post made me! I feel like I won the Mindi jackpot with 101 thoughts!

A few comments:

I cannot CAN. NOT. get over the minivan story. (Or the term miniature van.)

Number 70 made me laugh out loud.

I love your hankering for trashy pop-culture. LOVE IT!

You can definitely make people feel comfortable--I've seen it in action!

Don't ever change one thing.

R-Eight said...

Mindi = awesome!

tiburon said...

Look at me! I read every single one - and knew most of them.

Except which scent of Plug in you use. Please to be sharing. Cause your house smells yummy.

tammy said...

When I worked at DQ, I would give every hot guy the #69 for their order #. And then giggle after we called it over the speaker. Please don't tell my mother.

I hate talking on the phone too probably for the same reason.

Will your sister make me some carrot cake?

carly k said...

I was laughing so hard during The Hangover, I thought I was going to throw-up!!! I can't wait to own that movie!!!

and puka shells + white Kswiss shoes with no socks = huge dbag!!

veronica said...

Loved it!

alex dumas said...

I'm with you on the stupid FB quizzes. Wish I could block them all. LOVED that minivan story. So funny. Bet it's even better to hear in person. Wish I could smell you 'cause I bet it's true.

Jen said...

Thanks for giving me a wicked case of the giggles! Your blog is fun!

Ida said...

mini van still cracks me up. I heart your naughty sense of humor. I cherish it. And yes I still comment here and read your quirkiness. :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love all 101 of Mindi! some favorites:

1. miniture van - I now use it.
2. no more fake nails - good for you
3. people's teeth - me too!
4. let's go on a Cruise!

LN said...

86. i'm a bit of a freak about people's teeth.

Uh, don't go to England. You'll drive yourself crazy.


87. i love to dance, but i'm not very good at it.

Let me know if you're ever passing thru Washington DC & I can help with that. :-)

Amy said...

Oh... I knew most of these.. but especially the one about Lavo... ahhhh! Why did we come home? Had such a great time... a weekend to remember for a long long time! That makes 2 anniversary celebrations with you in a row. Last year it was at the River Horse Cafe... and then this year it was trying to impress Alex Fredrickson at Lavo. Damn him and his 450.00 bottle charge!

Mia said...

Love the list. Without a doubt you make people (even super shy ones like Ernesto) feel super comfortable in social situations. You are fantastic :)

Shawn said...

Wnat a fantastic idea!! I could never do it----way toooooo much thought process...

I'm not worthy.

Hildie said...

9. Carpet in the laundry room? Innnnteresting.

14. Not a fan on the plug ins. The scents all get on my nerves. I'm super picky about smells.

29. My daughter took about ten of those on my FB account and they got sent to everyone. I was like "nooo!" (I really don't care what kind of dragon I am, I swear!)

32. Not a nurturer either. But my husband is.

35. I wasn't sure it would be funny enough to blow one of my "see a Rater R Movie with no consequences" cards on.

47. Once I referred to my mother as a d-bag and she overheard me.

49. Me too. Meaning where I live, not where you live.

58-60 I wish my husband didn't read my blog. He always criticizes me for things that I say on it. And then I have to call him a d-bag.

64. No credit card for me either. I have one but it is cut in half. So I can only buy things online. I don't even have a debit card.

68. Yay!!!!

69. You'll only think so for a little while. Then you'll be relieved not to have to worry about that stuff all the time.

79. I wouldn't know, seeing as how I still have never met you. Will it ever happen?

86. Me too. My husband has teeth that look so good they're like dentures.

97. I wish I had bulimia.

100. Tell me about it sister! I get in trouble for the same thing.

Wow, this was like doing my own list but without the effort!

Anonymous said...

Making #'s 43-46 when there are 101. That so puts me at above average. I'll take it.

And look, I found the "Anonymous" spot this time!

Cole said...

5. dirty girl's are fun!
6. is there a bad way?

20. can we get a group discount?

24. my car counts it down for me, I still push it.

31. me too, about me, not you.

65. YUP, YUP, YUP.

76-77. They are here the same day i fly back into town!!!!!!!! Might have to make it happen.

AND i think their new album is way awesomer thatn the last one!

85. HELL YES!!!!! If it's not pretty I can't kiss it!

100...I love it!

Cole said...

oh and .....

93. does that mean if i tickle you you will pee?

99. Yeah 23 out of 101....so not capitalizing anymore....

Omgirl said...

Hmmmm, Lavo looks very intersting. Will definitely have to try it next time I'm in town.

I'm so glad you're at peace with blogging.

28. I SO hear you on that. I don't know jack crap about the scriptures. Embarrassingly so.

Never been on a cruise.....hmm, might have to remedy that. Up for one this fall? Just in the plannning stages now!

D-bag isn't a naughty word. It's the bEST!

I like that you talk a lot. So do I. and I feel guilty about it too. So when I'm with someone else who talks a lot I feel A)like I can sit back and listen for once B)like she won't hate me for talking too much.

OH, how often I've considered bulemia.

FUN TO READ!!!

Anonymous said...

100 of the best reasons to love you more! However, I just have to say I still want to meet up with you and Amy in Vegas! For every reason that we talked about at lunch!! ;)

I took off my nails too about three weeks ago and it feels strange but good.

Devon said...

you make me laugh 98% of the time - good job!

Amanda said...

Tears... lots of tears running down my cheeks... you are so dang funny!