felines



last week was a banner week at our home with the long-awaited arrival of dave & martin.

never before have there been two kitties who have received more love, attention, adoration, & worship. they have been cradled like babies, rocked, sung to, kissed, (open-mouthed, even. YIKES.) dressed-up, swadled, tickled, and carried around like lord and master of all.

unfortunately, never before have there been two kitties who have been more harassed, disturbed, or had their personal space INVADED. they've been woken up, dragged out from under secret hiding spots, squished, poked, prodded, & manipulated.

thank goodness for the fact that they are ultra forgiving. and infinitely patient:





oh, & did i mention that somebody (who shall remain nameless) has a soft spot for kitties?


now, is there a magical way i can just KEEP THEM LITTLE??

14 comments:

Vanessa said...

Welcome to the world of cats. Dave looks like our Oreo.

Get ready for presents of dead mice and birds.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Cute kitties. Awww, makes me almost want one. So sweet!

XOXO
Jen

Mrs Anne said...

so sweet!
their eyes are so lovely.
:)

tiburon said...

Damn you for making cats cute.

Love the names :)

Mia said...

Seriously you make cats look so cute and not destructive :) I am so glad those little ones have a happy home.

LN said...

C.U.T.E!! (Almost) makes me want to get another kitty...

Hannah said...

oh my heavens! maybe if i showed these darlings to my hubby, he'd agree to buying me one...

JenTix said...

You have the most beautiful family!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

awww...that kitty on Russ's shoulder. Rukkus wants to cuddle with Dave and Martin.

Omgirl said...

There are not enough words in the English language to describe my jealousy. So I'll just leave you with this:

I HATE YOU.

Amy said...

What the hell are you posting? Really? Really? I don't know if we can remain friends if you continue this trash! The pictures of your kids and the cats aren't even cute! Really! Enough! Oh... did I mention if you've lost your cat, check my back tire!

Holly H. said...

precious.... even though i'm not a cat lover....

Cole said...

Um Mindi, you're not supposed to kiss your cat like you kiss your hubs.....

Melissa said...

Too cute Mindi! I had to laugh when I saw their names......everyone thought we were crazy naming our previous pet rabbit "Bob"!