mug love


when i first started blogging and decided to use this photo as my blogger id, people wondered what it was--it was small and hard to see, so i thought i would give it the attention it deserves, nay DEMANDS, and document my child-abuse for dcfs to see.

this was abbey at the pool with a refill mug of diet dr. pepper. if you look closely, you will see that there is another one, waiting patiently in the wings, that she had within sipping distance. so that there was ALWAYS AN OPTION.

yes, i let my children drink that horrific stuff at a young age. and yes, they have probably already contracted various forms of cancer/brain damage/stunted growth/learning disabilities/crohn's disease as well as bad sense of fashion AND direction directly as a result of consuming this evil liquid.

but, BOY! were they ever happy!

12 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I always thought that it was Mia in that picture. You are the coolest Mom I know and the sweet girls that you are raising prove it.

PS. You need Amy to glitterize that mug. ;)

mCat said...

Um hello! Love the picture and I too let Sissy sip from my straw and intake the juice of Satan (gasp)......

tiburon said...

Just when I think I can't love you anymore you reveal a little more of the Enigma that is Mindi.

And the deal is sealed.

Melanie said...

I think those mugs are unique to Utah, or at least just unique to out west. My husband brought in a huge 64 oz. mug one time to a department meeting when we lived in Vermont and everyone was in utter shock! They couldn't BELIEVE something like that existed - especially considering they'd never even seen the normal sized ones.

Tiffany said...

I love you and your wicked ways.

Anonymous said...

It's such a cute picture, especially when the mug is just about as big as she is!

Shawn said...

GASP!! I am officially shocked!

heh, heh....

Hildie said...

Hey, at least it wasn't beer!

Angie A. said...

HAHAHA!!! I always thought it was some sort of exotic Mexican portrait!! You know, paying homage to your roots! Love the mug, now I'm sure we can hang!

Mia said...

I am not even sure I could describe what I thought that picture was... not Mia with a mug that is for sure.

Ida said...

As long as it isn't thing "illegal" who cares. I love the pic.

daisy said...

My oldest, who was 5 at the time, went to a birthday party. The dad of the birthday girl (super nice and GOOD family) went around asking the kids what they wanted to drink. I went over to him a minute later and said, "If Parly asked for a coke, it is because our kids say coke but they really just means any soda, like rootbeer." He then replied, "No she asked for a Dr. Pepper." I about died. What can you do?