7 things we learned from our memorial-day weekend in las vegas:
1. max brenner is an awesome place to eat--
for a restaurant that is famous for it's desserts and chocolate, we were superDUPER impressed by the dinner menu. yummy.
what was really impressive, though, was the totally decadent, totally WORTH IT chocolate syringe (yes, you read that right) that we purchased and devoured.
it was quite possibly the best chocolate i've ever tasted in my life:
2. the cosmopolitan was still as spectacular as we remembered.
you should stop in just to see the ever-changing scene in the lobby:
or just to gaze upon the giant chandelier in the middle of the casino:
3. cheap blue man group tickets CAN be found. we just have to sit in the second row and run the risk of being sprayed by pureed banana. as well as strain our necks from looking upwards........but it's worth it:
4. nothing beats a romantic dinner out on the town with my hot man.
except for maybe a photo-op in front of the waterfall at the wynn:
and then realizing, for the first time in our 23+ year relationship, that the color of my man's skin is darker than my own:
5. we come to the conclusion that our children are well-traveled when the six-year-old is perfectly comfortable in the super-secret-VIP-room at the bellagio. that we shouldn't really be visiting. as we are neither VIP, nor staying at the bellagio.
6. a pool with a ginormous chrome shower head is better than a pool with no ginormous chrome shower head:
7. celebrity sightings? a dime a dozen over the holiday weekend.....
we are brave enough to snap a crappy cell-phone photo of holly madison:
we realize that chuck liddell is really, really tall when we stand behind him while waiting to be seated at dinner:
& jamie kennedy's stock rises just a bit higher when we are seated across from him in the same restaurant, and he tells russ, "happy memorial day, dude."
which then reminds us of how much we really like his lifeguard skit: