i like shiny things


i know there is a bird called the magpie that is attracted to only shiny, glittery things. it has been known to steal rings or jewelry off windowsills or tables. raccoons are also drawn in by bling and their main goal is to steal it and keep it for themselves. (soooo smart)

there is no doubt in my mind that i could hang with my magpie friends because i am a sucker for anything that glitters or shines or reflects light. pretty much i like anything that a 12 year old girl would purchase at the mall. 

if it shines like a disco ball, i'm IN. i know this is lame for a 38 year old adult female, but bling brings me joy. the purses in the photo is what megan gave me for valentine's day because she knew i would love the big pink diamond zipper-pulls (which are REAL diamonds, btw.  neal told me so) i thought they were so cute and the best part about it is that they are from wal-mart which equals cha-eeaap!

3 comments:

Jennie Minor said...

Megs always gets the greatest things! And at wal-mart? The dress that she wore while she was here I LOVE and she tells me that she got it there. She gets the best deals and finds the cutest things!

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

I need to venture to Wal-Mart I guess - I was just looking for a cute little bag like this for my purse.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but do you drive to the mall like you have a homing beacon each & every time the make-up counters(yeah, plural) have a "Gift" with purchase. Every woman in SG has the same freakin' bag & eyeshadow to boot. So why, I ask you why, do I go. I think it has something to so with the cleverly used word "Gift". Just how many Mascara & Lipglosses do I need. I say too many to count!