seasonals


so, i am obsessed with holidays. i love everything about them, and i especially love decorating for them. we have a storage room in our basement that is basically for all of the rubbermaids of all of the seasonal decorations, and i have joked to russ many a time that when they apocalypse reigns down upon us, we will be screwed when we are trying to trade santa figurines and easter wreaths for flour and sugar. that's why, instead of a food storage, i am gonna stockpile something that will be easier to store than food, and will be in demand on a high level, then i can barter. i'm thinking cigarettes or tampons........but i digress.


anyway, rarely RARELY will i ever buy a decoration or holiday item until it is the day after the actual holiday has passed and then i am johnny on the spot in thru the doors at target at 8am to swoop down and get a bargain. many a christmas day night have i been so excited for the shopping the next morning with my friends that the anticipation of it nearly overshadowed christmas itself. i'm a sucka for a sale. my brother-in-law cody has a term for all of the fluff and the knick-knacks that pass inbetween us sisters: "SEASONALS". you get the seasonals, you display the seasonals, you lovingly dust the seasonals, you pack the seasonals oh-so-carefully away for next year, you store the seasonals, you get out the next box of seasonals, etc. it's the circle of life. this is a photo of my valentine decorations in my entry. the sick and twisted part is that it's only a portion.

5 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

totally cute. i wish i was decorated for holidays. somewhere down the line i stopped. maybe with kids it will be more fun.

Jennie Minor said...

I have always loved your house...it is always decorated so cute. I wish that I had a little bit of your creative side. but I am a total nerd when it comes to decorating. I am NOT good at ALL!

R-Eight said...

I love me some seasonals!! My valetine stuff is out I am already anxious to get my spring stuff out. I got some great stuff on sale last year!

{Annie N.} said...

So cute. Wish I could get my kids up and at em before 8. I've been missing out on all the good stuff this last year.

Plain Jame said...

I love your seasonals, I only wish I had as much time, money and rubbermaids to have a similar festive display!!