STOMP











well, we flew by the seat of our pants this weekend and decided at 2:30pm saturday afternoon to roll down to las vegas for a quick overnight with our 3 oldest girls. i had been keeping an eye on the "stomp out loud" tickets at planet hollywood as ashlynn had mentioned that they were 2 for 1. the deal goes away at the end of this month, and since i have issues with closure, we snatched them up and told our girls to put on "fancy clothes". we informed them that we were going somewhere overnight as a surprise, and chandler immediately had us on a plane bound for hawaii. i had to remind her quickly that our trust fund had NOT kicked in yet (still waiting on that, btw. are there any rich people without posterity out there that would like to adopt an adorable family of 6? will work for large inheritance.... hmmmmm) and that it would be a little closer to home. we decided that the "real deals" in traveling are for those who can afford to decide the day of, as we got the KILLER deal at the new marriott chateau which is right across from the bellagio and planet hollywood.


the show was fabulous, and i HIGHLY recommend that you see it if you can--would be great to take your kids to, especially for those who are in the percussion industry (translation: band). our tickets were about 38.00 per piece, but i think we could have easily gotten by with the cheapest tickets as the theater was quite small and i don't think there was a bad seat in the house. i would not recommend sitting next to a nearly-seven year old, though, as there were ALOT of questions (what time is is? why is he bald? are they mormon? why does he chain his fridge shut? andonandonandon), but the hand-holding and listening to her gleeful half-laugh, half-cackle made up for it big time.




we took the girls to their definition of the nicest restaurant in the world--cheesecake factory--and then did something afterward that russ and i have never done in all of our vegasing-----saw the water show at the bellagio. we were shivering since we were the fools who forgot to bring our jackets, but the picture above captures the essence. totally cool.
HOLLA!

7 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

glad you liked it ~ sounds like a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Mindy - Ok I am here to admit I have been stocking your blog and I’m kind of addicted! You are my one guaranteed laugh a day (no pressure). I just have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!! I don't know when you got it cut but it looks so amazing!!! Anyway keep this up I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry I didn't mean to post anonymous - I am new at this - that was from Melissa

Mindi said...

melissa my love!! my joy is so full that you would comment and that you are reading!!! somedays i'm not sure if anyone except me and megan read this, so get yourself an identity and i will look for your comments. thanks for the comment bout the hair--letting that go after many years is a little trauma, but i am getting used to it. we need to go to depeche now to show off your newest acquisitions.....love you!

Jennie Minor said...

I love the Clove Girls! So fun!

Mindi, I read your blog. Now that I have my computer back I can stalk it like I love to do!

Malea Ellett said...

HOw fun!!

Jennie Minor said...

BTW...I LOVE YOUR NEW HAIR DO! You look like a hot mamma!!