vacay destinations near and dear to my heart.

 i love any trip that involves a jw marriott--we've loved the ones in scottsdale, las vegas, santa monica, palm springs, and will be loving the one in hawaii on june 4th.

i love any trip with family or friends--cancun and acapulco and park city and california on that list. i'm hoping to add hawaii and palm springs in the next couple years.

i love a "rock star" weekend in vegas, which involves staying at a hooked-up hotel like the wynn or red rock or when we stayed in the penthouse suite at the bellagio (mother of all dream hotel rooms! you gotta try that one). i would like to add the salone suite at the wynn and a skyloft (yeah, right--at $25,000 a pop prob. never gonna happen--but it comes with a maybach for the weekend! hello,bargain!) at the mgm grand to that list.

but i love any trip BEST where i go with russ.  alone.

we went on our honeymoon to  sandals at jamaica .  we were two 21-year old wide-eyed utah babies but the beaches were beautiful and the resort was awesome. we had a suite that we walked right out of the front door and on to the beach--we were in heaven! what we didn't love was being offered coke in downtown montego bay (okay maybe i liked it a little) or the part where i ate ALL of the local food while russ was cautioning me not to........montezuma's revenge on the honeymoon is a bit of a downer.

before i punch my time card in this life i would like to go to switzerland, spain, the jw marriott at thailand, and the carribbean again. traveling is spendy, but i've always said that it's the best investment you can make in good times. you can't take it with you, folks! well, you could, but it wouldn't be near as fun as blowing it in this life....


10 comments:

Amy said...

I am with you all the way on this one... I clicked on the Acapulco link and had to rmember the good times. We really do need to travel more with the group... living up here we miss a lot of the little weekenders, but we still have so many memories from fun trips taken! So fun... CJD was just laughing about the trip to Park City and RBC's hot bar fly. HAHAHA- THen I reminded him of his hot Latin Love- Good times!

Amy said...

Okay... I just read my last comment and it sounds like we are total party driven "swingers" when we go out of town. Yikes! Did I give us away? Just kidding-

Melissa said...

I know I was just gone but...please send me to any of these destinations...there is snow on the ground again this morning. UGH!

Jennie Minor said...

you guys are always going to fun places and doing fun things!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Your kinda trip is my kind for sure!

Swingers?! What?! ;)

P.S. I love John Hughes movies, they are the best! Is that old theater on the top of the hill still open? I saw so many movies there when my grandparents use to live in St. George.

tiburon said...

I cannot wait until I am 'ficially one of your peeps so I can go on exotic vacays. You do it up right!

Hacking it up said...

I LOVE to travel!!! We've gone to many places, but still need to go to many more!!!
i'm excited for you to go to Hawaii in June! That is one of our favorite places to go!!!

Erica Onelove said...

I have a secret about an upcoming vacation for me!!!!

I haven't been on a plane since I was in middle school!

The Miller's said...

I'm still waiting for you to take me somewhere exotic. Remember I got you started on American Express Delta Miles? We would even stay on the floor to vacation with you. You keep me in business while I'm in Vegas away from my honey. Thanks for the blog'n. Have a great week. Kenny

Mia said...

I love me some JW too! We really needed an anniversary trip last year so we found the closest resort that was far enough away to justify staying for a couple of nights. We ended up going to Florence!!! Florence Alabama that is. We loved it. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mslmc-marriott-shoals-hotel-and-spa/