do your homework before you go to the concert.


to know me is to know that i love nothing better than to go to a great concert. being a seasoned concert-going vet, i always have one word of advice for people who just got tickets to the next great gig: DO YOUR HOMEWORK!! example: if you just got tickets to see, oh--i don't know........say.....DURAN DURAN, the first order of business is to get their new cd, and wear it out. many people know not what they do and go to said concert expecting to just hear all of the old standbys. note to self: THEY WILL ALWAYS PLAY THE NEW STUFF!!! unless it is a "greatest hits" album, the general reason for a concert tour is to debut the new stuff and have people purchase the music. people who don't do their homework always end up hating half the concert because they are bent out of shape when they leave the hits and hit the new.
i am doing my homework right now with the new "red carpet massacre" album, and i have to say that today is the day that i found the extreme love for it. and i can't believe it took me 8 days to realize that the reason i heart it is that timbaland produced half the tracks--yes, that timbaland. so sue me, but i love a song with a beat that makes me wanna shake it like a polariod picture.
i love "last man standing" and "tempted" and i added "skin divers" to my music--you can find it by scrolling through. (oh, and for most of you, turning your volume up. you know who you are. and what you did.)

3 comments:

tiburon said...

I will admit that I haven't picked this up yet. But it is on my list!

carly k said...

You are officially awesome! I want to go to any concert with you. and ps.... who doesn't love timbaland?

Mindi said...

hey--i'm officially awesome!!! now tell my kids that---
carly, you may come with us to any concert as you have bestowed the love on timbaland. many are haters, but i am a lover