evil children's birthday presents

sometimes, when i feel a little evil, i like to buy birthday presents for my best friend's children that i know they would LOATHE. like really messy, sticky, you-have-to-supervise-for-hours types of toys that are the bane of my existence.


something like this:


some moms like play-doh for it's oh-so educational benefits and encourage their children to be creative and productive--i'm definitely not that mom. i hate playdoh and the messes it makes and the carpet it ruins.




my friend dannielle totally does the same thing and finds the same perverse pleasure in it. this is what she gave chandi for her birthday 2 weeks ago:





it's the 'girl crush streak-n-style' with four different colors of fluorescent hair dye that you "apply" (and i use that term lightly when you are talking about a group of ten year-olds) by inserting (yes--i KNOW i just used the word inserting) them in the wand and squishing them out onto the hair. chandi has absolutely ADORED it. i of course, hate it and am secretly mad that dannielle thought of it first.


her daughter ellie's birthday is this summer. i am thinking about this cotton candy machine

or perhaps this giant ant farm which holds up to two THOUSAND ants (!!!)

or this snoopy sno-cone machine with 5 different flavors of sticky, sticky syrup...yummy.

7 comments:

tiburon said...

It is almost like we are the same person. My sister and I have been doing this for years. I got her really good the year I sent her son a bug collection kit - bugs everywhere. So I say - go for the ant farm! And if you could refrain from using "insert" that would be fab. ;)

Holly O. said...

I'm with Tib, go with the ant farm!

Erica Onelove said...

I have the snoopy icy maker & it rocks.

How could you hate playdoh? I could smell the stuff for hours on end.

Amy said...

You're talking friends... can you imagine the kind of presents I gave an ex sister-in-law's kids on their birthdays. (You know who I am talking about) AWESOME! I think it was that gooey slime thing that you make bugs with or something like that. Plus a 100,000 gallon of bubbles and 3 cases of nasty bubble-gum.

Unknown said...

Moon sand, oh yeah you'll be vacuuming tiny particles of "sand" for weeks after playing with this fabulous invention! oh and btw if I ever(or my kids) receive any of these beauties from you just know they will be re-gifted!

{Annie N.} said...

Evil is right you girls are mean! Moon sand is a beotch to clean up. I gave me nephew some and just the other day my sister was cursing me for it.:)
Oww but I would like the Snoopy snow cone maker. We had one of those sweet things when I was little. Love it!

Anonymous said...

ummm Bailey's comment was actually mine, but I'm not blogger savvy enough to have figured that out until it was posted. It's me.