thankful thursday



today i am thankful for:

1. doctors who know what they are doing. abbey got her tonsils out yesterday, and for a split second as they were wheeling her away i got super panicked and a little weepy, which is NOT like me. i didn't like the fact that she was "going under" and i just prayed that the medical team would be on their "A" game. they were, and they rock.

2. modern dentistry. i have this compulsive need to chew ice, like all of the time--kamari used to be a dental assistant and is always scolding me, saying that it will ruin my teeth. i HATE it when kamari is right-- i broke my crown right in half two days ago. i can't even imagine what sorry state i would be in if i lived 100 years ago. i am much too high maintenance to have been a pioneer woman.

3. lortab. see numbers 1 and 2? word.

4. blogging. where has blogging been all of my life? i love it so much i want to marry it. i love the relationships i've made and the creative outlet, but i especially love the "mutual admiration society" aspect. 2007 was a rough year for mindi, and having people say nice things does a world of good for a battered soul. thanks, people--much love.

5. spring. my trees are covered with popcorn in my backyard and i love to see things getting their "green on". winter is depressing, and i think we should pass a law to skip most of it.

8 comments:

Christi said...

Glad to be your #1 supporter in the "mutual admiration society." (Gotta get my good word in before tomorrow's drawing!) Really, this is a bright spot in my day. Always a pick me up. Christi

tiburon said...

Hey now, I thought *I* was number 1! Should we battle to the death? And honestly, what kind of winter do you get down there in cushy St George?

Stephanie M said...

I am sorry you had a hard year in 2007. Here's hoping 2008 is better!

You are the best blogger - you pump this witty and hip stuff out faster than cotton candy at the Washington County Fair!

Anonymous said...

I think it is break a crown week in SG I know at least 3 people that have had it happen this last week. Psycho. Are you anemic? (The Ice thing) JK. Glad you all survived the surgery hopefully recovery is better!

Anonymous said...

Get a blood test. Specifically get your hematocrit & hemoglobin checked. Ice eating is a major sign of anemia. Worth getting it checked out.

I was anemic for 7 yrs until surgery removed the underlying cause a couple of months ago. I was compulsive about ice chewing then -- I seriously went to the store just to buy a 7 lb bag of ice & had that for dinner. I have dropped the habit completely now that the anemia is resolved

Mindi said...

anonymous, i think i've been in love with you ever since i read the 7 lb bag of ice for dinner comment. i guess i could have it checked, but then i would really have to stop......ummmmm. i have to think about that one.
thanks for the shout out.

Mia said...

Yeah for the good doctors! Glad your little one is ok.

Anonymous said...

Me again....you don't *have* to stop. You'll just have the choice if you want to. ("I can stop any time I want. Really.")

If you do get it checked & are anemic, ask your doctor to check out "Repliva". It's a new iron med that has iron, vit C, folic acid, etc. It's easier on the stomach & much easier for the body to absorb. It did in 3 weeks, what no other form of iron I'd been on (3 of them) had been able to do in 7 yrs.

If your doc hasn't heard about it, ask your gyn as it's been marketed mostly to them to start.

Oh, and I wasn't kidding about the 7 lb bag of ice being dinner. Just don't tell my mom, k?