one man's weird is another man's wonderful or vending machine choices of death

when i saw this i was strangely intrigued/repelled/fascinated/grossed-out/intrigued again.

the concept of a vending machine like this actually existing totally unnerves me. yes, i know it's make-believe, but STILL.... i have always said that i think i could kill it in survivor playing the social/political part of the game, but when it came to the eating challenges, i might as well pack my bag and let jeff probst snuff out my torch. (isn't he dreamy? but not as hot as rbc)

checking out the "snacks"--and boy, do i use that term loosely-- available for purchase here, the three that terrify me the most are:

1. scorpion--i have a deathly fear of them--they look so menacing with that nivey tail and stinger. russ found one out in the garage when sweeping it out the other day that was perfectly preserved (and dead, thank goodness) and i had the cold chills for 3 hours. BLEEOCH!

2. that massive grub, just because i know it would be all juicy and squirt out warm, gooey grubby goodness.

3. i'm gonna have to go with baby mice, as that is just wrong on so many different levels.

2 comments:

tiburon said...

Ok wait - there are scorpions in St George?! That MAY be a deal breaker. There is NOTHING in there that I could eat. Not for money or safety. There is no way I could choke it down.

Mia said...

No, I could not pass the eating challenges or choke down anything in there at all. I used to live in Austin TX where everyone has scorpions everywhere. They creep me out and I can't stand them. No way I could ever eat them. Ugh I am sufficiently eeked out.