5 things about mindi because this is my blog dammit




1. my real name is MELINDA. mindi is a nickname which actually was spelled 'mindy' until i was in the 10th grade and decided that spelling it with an i was fo sho gonna up my popularity factor. ummmm, it didn't.



2. me and motorized vehicles have had some bad luck over the years--i hit a mentally retarded lady on a bike 3 months after i got my license and she spent 2 days in the hospital with a broken arm and 2 broken ribs. yes, really. in my defense, they cited her because she rode out in between traffic and had escaped from the living facility and yeah, that still doesn't make it sound any better, does it? i also parked my car on top of my friend's steep ass driveway and had it roll down into the neighbor's house. speaking of rolling, probably my best/worst one was 2 years ago when i was pulling up my (fairly) steep driveway, opened my door to lean out to grab the newspaper, FELL OUT of the van, watched it starting to roll backwards, tried to jump back into it as it gained momentum and spiralled out of control, ramming into a massive boulder in my neighbor's yard, missing their 3 car garage. yikes. who does this kind of crap??? and lives to tell?


3. i la-la-LOVE gas station nachos. all of them. and that ooey gooey nacho-cheese goodness that sprouts forth from the pump? pure heaven! TOTALLY white trash, but i can't help myself. i'm like a deer in the headlights anytime i see a minute market or stop-n-shop. i hope you can still love me after reading this. also who says nachos are only for people who live in trailer parks?

4. in 1985 i went 4 months with only one contact in my right eye. i am blind as a bat, but my new-wave hairstyle required that my bangs fell way down over my left eye, so i figured since i wasn't really using it all that much, i might as well not mess with the hassle of putting that contact in. seriously. i still catch myself closing my left eye sometimes when i am putting make-up on or reading something. what a retarded thing to put myself through, but, hey--when you are 15 years old there are alot of things that make sense that shouldn't. ever. never-ever.


5. in restaurants, i order the same 6 things over and over and OVER:

*CHEESEBURGER
*NACHOS OR CHIPS AND SALSA (if i could only eat one thing for the rest of my life? this!!)
*QUESADILLAS OR FAJITAS (chicken or steak, doesn't matter)
*LASAGNA (at italian places)
*ROAD KILL FROM TEXAS ROADHOUSE (best deal at that place in my opinionated opinion.)
*STEAK (usually when i'm sharing with rbc)

23 comments:

Jori said...

I heart you even more today than I did yesterday. What was that retarded lady doing getting all up in your grill???

Lesley said...

Okay so I got the best visual of you falling out of the car while getting the paper! I love it. Thanks for starting my day off right!

Christi said...

I agree! The visual of you falling out of the van is priceless! And even more hilarious is the vision of you having to explain to the neighbors, the cops, and Russ exactly what happened. Hilarious!!

Christi said...

I agree! The visual of you falling out of the van is priceless! And even more hilarious is the vision of you having to explain to the neighbors, the cops, and Russ exactly what happened. Hilarious!!

Renee said...

Oh my! Thank goodness that lady was ok.... now that I've shown the proper amount of concern, ha ha ha ha ha!!!

By the way, rad picture from back in the day. I had the exact same hair do, but it didn't look as good. Asian girls shouldn't get perms, let me tell you.

What is Texas Roadhouse?

Suzie said...

I MIGHT stop laughing sometime around noon from the image of you falling out of your car.


I said might.

Jennie Minor said...

I am laughing so hard right now! I love the pic with you in it you are H-O-T!

rachel said...

Oh my goodness...remind me to never let you park near my house! You are so funny :)

Trina said...

Looooove it! Thanks for sharing.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Love it! If your life is really this entertaining you shouldn't be concerned about people being bored reading about it.

carly k said...

Where do I start!?!

EVERYTHING you write is beyond hilarious! Love you!

....i'm still laughing.....

Anonymous said...

Oh Mindi, I just have to comment again. You are way too funny! Every day you make me LOL!!! No kidding!! What really got me today was the driving thing with the link to you tube. You are awesome!!! Keep it up!

Collette said...

I laughed so hard at the wearing the one contact because of your new wave haircut. That is so funny, you are the best because you make me laugh out loud every day!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

We for sure missed you last night, I wanted to her all about Tib's trip to meet you. You crack me up with the whole contact bit.

P.S. Mmmm... gas station Nachos!!

P.S.S. Could you be anymore tan?!

Holly O. said...

Have you tried the nachos at the old Sharky's? I can't remember the name of the new restaurant...next to Starbucks. Not as good as Sharky's nachos, but still good. I love nachos too. The more processed the cheese, the better! Do tell, which gas station in town have the best?

Ammie said...

I love Nachos from the gas station too and craved them when I was pregnant. And I'm still laughing about you falling out of the van! What a great story. You are so funny!

tiburon said...

Gas station nachos? Just when I thought you were high class you pull the gas station nachos out. And the visual in the van sent diet coke out my nostrils.

You are hysterical.

Hacking it up said...

You are AWESOME!!! I loved that!
hey guess what? I only wear one contact in my right eye ALL the TIME! Apparently, i'm only blind in one eye...
I've never run over a mentally retarded person before, but Lance made fun of one on the phone once that was trying to sell trash bags because he thought it was my sister playing a trick on him...it wasn't...we ended up being the owners of MANY trash bags...

Hacking it up said...

Oh Yeah, and falling out of the van while getting your paper?....HILARIOUS!!! I just blew chunks of peanut M&M's all over my bed...

hoLLy said...

okay, so the title of your post was worth the two minutes i wasted reading the post. so, i'm saying i liked your title...and thats it. :) totally kidding of course. that was the best 2 minutes of my life, well 3 minutes, i'm a slow reader:)

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

love that you only wore 1 contact!!

Mia said...

I love how you just put it all out there! You really do crack me up and make me smile. Thanks for being so dang funny.

Omgirl said...

Oh my gosh Mindi, I love you. I was about to "hate on you" for that nacho cheese thing (ew) until I read about your left contact lens. And then I realized I could never hate anyone that hilariously dumb. I say that with all the love and respect in my heart. You are my new hero.