conversations from the car seat or mia loves it loud

i go to my ghetto rec center most mornings for their exercise classes. on the way home in all my salty, sweaty, 'endolphins'- (ho!) kicking -in glory, i like to roll the windows down. it's just mia and i, and, as she IS my daughter, we generally like to have the tunes blasting while we rock out to music.

the other day i had window down, tunes up, and i hear this from the back seat:


mia: "MOM! MOM!!!!!

me: (turning down music) "what, baby?"

mia: "mines window rolled down."

me: "oh, you want me to roll yours down, too?"

mia: "yes." (love that she usually always says yes--not ya, or yep, or uh-huh. she is very proper. just like her mother.)


10 seconds go by while i roll her window down and check out the mother of all bruises on my arm, then----

mia: "mom. MOM!"

me: "yes...."

mia: "a-turn a music back UP."



oh. my. goodness.


could this proud mama's joy be any more full?? she's her mother's daughter. 

11 comments:

Hannah said...

What a darling little girl you have! We have some mutual friends and I have been reading your blog for a couple weeks.

Megal said...

So funny. I have been witness to many a song sung by this little one and it is oh so adorable.

Suzie said...

now that is downright adorable.
way to train 'em young!

tiburon said...

A turn a music up! I love it. She is a cutie patootie :) And I love that you get endolphins too...

Trina said...

My kind of kid!

Hacking it up said...

You GOOD mama!!!! What a cute little miss!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Mia is the cutest!

Erica Onelove said...

Awesome...Anavey loves the music too.

gina bina said...

Now that is the cutest thing I've heard all month!

{Annie N.} said...

LOL! Love it! Such a cute little thing.

Mia said...

Sounds like your Mia and my Reed would get along just fine. Windows down, music up is the only way he rolls.