clove family food faves or FEED. ME.




"me so hungy. i HUNGY.HUNGY.HUNGY!!!" (mia quote in honor of her big bday today)

we love food. 

 when my bil neal joined our family and sat down with us one night to plan out a big family trip he mentioned that fact that we just basically planned our trips around where we were gonna eat. we looked at him and said, "DUH!" isn't that what every family does?

yes, food makes our world go 'round, and we are pretty easily pleased when it comes to restaurants (for the most part.)  a few clove favorites we would like to write down for posterity:



we love cheesecake factory and my girls fell in love the first time we took them.  chandi told me "this is the nicest restaurant you've ever let us eat in."

when i first ate here my favorite cheesecake was white chocolate raspberry truffle but i'm leaning more towards adams peanut butter fudge ripple these days. 

we love nachos and the sliders with cheese and the cuban sandwich and the four cheese pasta and the classic burger and the sweet tamale corn cakes (okay that's just me) and especially both kinds of breads with lots and lots of butter.

a forever clove favorite would be chili's.

ordering dinner sunday nights from this fine establishment has become quite a tradition for us.  we obsess over the chips and salsa and queso and the kids can't get enough of the kid's chicken tenders and russ and i will always be committed to the mushroom jack fajitas.  this restaurant is always on our short list.

Image result for chili's


lately our thing has been texas roadhouse--

the roadkill!!! i have always subscribed to the theory that the roadkill is the best value on the menu--for $7.99 you get a salad, loaded mashed potatoes, and a whole mess of ground beef with swiss cheese and mushrooms and onions on top----numanumanums.


11 comments:

tiburon said...

I KNEW you would pick Texas Roadhouse. I hope you have used that gift certificate :)

Hannah said...

Yum! I have actually never been to the Cheesecake factory. I need to try it sometime...after I start eating desserts again.

I should participate in this Favorite Monday since I am a foodie wannabe.

Jori said...

Mmmmm I have got to go eatin' with you.

Hacking it up said...

My world revolves around food too...unfortunately...sweets in particular...crap.

carly k said...

For real, that is exactly how my family plans EVERY vacation! There is just too much good stuff out there!

Kristi said...

Oh mama, I love me some Texas Roadhouse and Cheescake factory...and I am with you--trips really should be planned around restaurants!!

You're too cute.

Omgirl said...

Oh my gosh. I LOVE those rolls. That cinnamon butter they have on them is to die for. When they come all warm and teh butter begins to melt...I swear, that's all I really want for dinner. You can keep that other stuff, just give me 15 rolls!

Michelle C. said...

We just tried Texas Roadhouse last weekend in St. George...the rolls and honeybutter are to die for. Love Cheesecake Factory. If you like fish, you need to try the Miso Salmon with mashed potatoes...yummy!

Holly O. said...

Okay, Texas Roadhouse is my new favorite! We have been to it down here a few times and those rolls are To. Die. For.

Unknown said...

I've never been to a cheesecake factory.

Those Roadhouse rolls are the most delish...just waiting to give you a heart attack..and you have to eat at least 4!

We can't wait to come out to Utah this summer..the list of restaraunts to visit has been talked about on a monthly basis since we left 5 years ago.

Mia said...

I can eat my weight in their rolls and I do that very thing quite often!