thankful thursday

this week i am thankful for:

1. peanut m&m's--i love chocolate, but am just coming around to these. one of the trainers at our ghetto rec center said that they were the best snack you could have if you wanted candy as there was protein in every bite. i just wonder if it matters that i have, like, fifty??? probably not.

2. my mom. she had her knee replaced about 4 weeks ago and has been down but certainly not out. she is the smartest woman on the planet (about 95% of things--i get to keep 5) and has always been the best example, ever, of parenting by love. that i don't always follow. yikes.

3. well, since i can't say lortab this week (although you know i wanna) i am gonna go with children's prescription cough syrup since mia has been deciding to hack out a lung. it's felt like a hospital ward around our house for the last 10 weeks--seriously, do we have black mold?? which "one call" lawyer do i need to contact? anyway, thank goodness for meds!

4. music--my world kinda revolves around it and it brings me waaaaaayy too much joy. i am glad i have ears to hear it when i crank it up on my oh-so-sad, played stereo system in my car.

5. a 3 year old who loves to sing to my loud music--she is the smartest child on the planet who knows all the words to the foo fighter's "echoes" album and every depeche mode song known to man. i just love to catch a glimpse of her in the rear view mirror, belting it out "one more time,with feeling!!" these are the memories i don't ever want to forget.

6 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Music is the best! Good list!

Anonymous said...

OK, Mindi I don't think the "one call" torny would work, since you'd be sueing YOURSELF! You were your own buildee right?! Still it would be nice if your kitlens were not sickies eh?! Let me know when you find the magic drug.

Mindi said...

hey lambchops--don't you know, it's 2008--i can sue everybody BUT myself and prob. get away with it. in fact, i am gonna sue you for living down the street and perhaps breathing up our direction and putting it in the insulation!!!! so sad the world we live in. but yes, if you have to get technical, FINE, i would be sueing myself. could be fun?

carly k said...

Probably you are the kewlest mom I know. With way awesome kids. When can we hang out.

tiburon said...

Love the list. I have the same tude about peanut m&m's. Protein and chocolate. Awesome!

Mia said...

Mmmmmm peanut M&M's. I love that your daughter sings all of your favorite music with you and I hope your mom is feeling better soon.