hopper on a chopper

well, birdie wants a bike ride. and he wants it NOW. we have sooooo totally ruined this chicken by domesticating it and carrying it around like a baby and training it to follow me while i work in the yard. seriously, we are twisted if we think hopper is gonna be able to go over in 2 weeks to live amongst his fine feathered friends.

we have set up "hopper central" in the garage, but he is too big for his makeshift rubbermaid container of a house, so we let him wander in the garage.

russ walked in from working out this morning and said, "mindi--it's time for this chicken to GO!"

i go out there to see what all the fuss is about and there is hopper, sitting pretty on russ' motorcycle. one of the kids draped a pool towel over the bike and he decided that it was time to set up shop somewhere else. he even had his "litter box" on one corner of the towel. i thought it was a hoot, of course. russ? yeah, not so much. i was afraid our little guy was gonna get clocked by russ right off that seat.

neal keeps saying that he is just the right size for buffalo wings, but i said over my dead body. i guess i went and broke the first rule: NEVER FALL IN LOVE. it's a stupid chicken, for crying out loud. and kind of an ugly one, at that. but i heart him, still....

14 comments:

Jori said...

Oh my goodness woman, I HEART you! I thought you were joking when you said you had a chicken. That is so cool. I love that you love it. Awww the only time I get tender feelings for a chicken is if it's finger lickin' good. Hey! are you thinking what I'm thinking? You need to get rid of a chicken, I'm hungry...Oh yeah!

Lesley said...

I'm going to have to side with Russ on this one. Paul Sr. from American Chopper would have been preturbed(sp?)also! I'm not saying I wouldn't have laughed though. That is awesome!

Megal said...

Hopper looks like he belongs on that bike. I don't think you should send him away. Maybe you should consider investing in a little chicken helmet instead.

Sharla said...

Why does it seem so right that you have and love a chicken? :)

Melissa said...

That is cracking me up:) What's wrong with one chick loving another chick...most guys dig it!

Misty said...

I love that you got his little "presents" in the picture...I just threw up my breakfast!!!

Holly H. said...

My husband too would have a fit if any animal were on his bike. Freakin funny though!

tara said...

why? why? why do you have chicken? I mean, it's a perfect fit for you, but why? why did ever think, "hey, you know what this family needs to really take us to the next level? A pet chicken."
just wondering.

Joellen said...

Maybe your neighbors will let you keep it at the petting zoo behind your house. Now you really won't want to fence it off so hopper can still come over.

tiburon said...

A chicken on a hog. That reminds me of a joke...

Seriously. Are you sure that is a chicken? It doesn't look like a chicken.

Mia said...

Sorry lady, I'm with Russ on this one. Lil chikky has got to go! She pooped on the bike for goodness sakes. Ok she is a little cute.

Anonymous said...

Chicken love--I totally understand, sis. EAT BEEF!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

I am loving Hopper on the chopper! You better just get a leash & some toys & a cute bed to put at the foot of your own :) I think he is cute.
Loves
Jodi

Erica Onelove said...

Weird that now I look at dudes on bikes to see if it's your hubby. Why???? Because I like you.

BTW-did he go on a ride tonight cuz I swear i saw him.

Are you creeped out?

Muahahaha!