thankful thursday

things i am thankful for this week:

1. my sunroof. yes, i love it so--it allows the sun to shine down on my head and feel a little bit of a breeze right now in this gorgeous weather. plus, i have to use the heck out of it right now before mr. heat miser cranks up the temp and makes us wanna whine. alot.

2. a husband who's job allows us to travel--oh, what joy it brings us!! traveling would be our biggest indulgence (that is major, coming from a girl who has many indulgences...yikes.) and i am grateful for russ working in the hotel industry. we have connections in high places, i'm just saying........AND, i've always subscribed to the theory, "IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW, BUT WHO YOU KNOW, AND WHO THEY KNOW." ( thank you derrill larkin. )

3. coral canyon playground--with mia being the 4th child, she usually gets the shaft, big time, when it comes to all things little. with child #1, #2, and #3, we spent lots of time at the park with friends and their children, letting the kiddies duke it out on the playground. now i am pretty much the only friend with a child still home during the day (except for megan, who's just getting warmed up). taking a little time each week to watch my mia play has been a little slice of heaven.

plus, how can you NOT love a little person who's feet look like this in her "flower shoes"......
or who's chubby, knock-knees look like THIS in a skirt???? i wuv her.

4. my shiny, happy, clean windows-- my cousin dennis likes to moonlight as a professional window washer when he is on one of his bajillion days off from his ultra cool job as las vegas fireman--he had my windows sparkling in no time and for a price so low, i almost felt as though i was robbing him. but then i still let him do it.....he is awesome.

5. girls who do their chores--every day when they come home from school, my girls have 1 or two jobs. nothing major, as i like to point out to them on a weekly basis when the whining starts up, but enough to have them pitch in at our house. they are all good about getting them done, and it makes me happy. thanks, my little ladies!

11 comments:

Jori said...

Cutest knees and feet ever!

Hacking it up said...

I don't know what it is about cute li'l toesies in flip flops, but SO CUTE!!! Love the cute li'l knees too! :)

Amy said...

Why aren't my knock-kneed, chubby legs as cute?

tiburon said...

All good thankful things. How can you not love those feet and knees?

Becky, yep said...

oh, those knees! They look so ticklish!
And TRAVEL....JEALOUS!!!

Renee said...

All good things, but those toes are the best!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

This post made me laugh! How cute is little Mia?! So cute!! I love that you are enjoying your time with her.

Erica Onelove said...

Oh, she's so cute!

I'm glad you make your kids do chores too Mindi. At least I know peeps are still raising their kids right! Thank you!!

Mia said...

I think I am pretty cute too!!! Oh those were your Mia's cute toes and adorable chubby knees you were talking about. I love sparkly clean windows too. Unfortunately I had to do mine myself.

Megal said...

Mia's knees are the cutest little things! I almost want to eat them! As for those girls and their chores...they have those down! What good little helpers you have. Do you think 16-months is to young to start having Madi unloading the dishwasher...neither do I! I am going to start cracking the whip.

{Annie N.} said...

What?! I didn't know we could hire Dennis. I'm so calling him.