and we were hungry like the wolf.....duran duran may 9th, 2008



ooooooooh, MY. what a weekend.....where to begin?? 

a verrrrrry good place to start...... duran duran in las vegas goes on the top ten concerts list because it lived up to the hype.  plus simon le bon still has it so all is well.


cha-CHING!! we scored before the concert even started, as we found a little inebriated friend who was wearing a depeche shirt-- good thing to know that we are surrounded by family at this event:
duran duran--or "doorahn doorahn" as simon says--opened with all the glitz and glam from the old days. we were jumping and singing and screaming and loving every minute.....
we did find out that stevekemp should have the camera on his person at all times as he gets shots-you-shouldn't-try-at-home,-kids like this:

and this:

and this..........yes, THIS:



my favorite photos from the night?? you KNOW it had to be these of the very large 'simon lebon doll' a woman was holding up all night.....

one of the coolest parts of the night was right towards the end of the concert when THIS guy came out and sang "planet earth" with duran duran......
yup, that's brandon flowers of the killers!!!!!! we love them, so it was a total bonus for us--
here's simon on the last song--what a rock star that dude is. seriously, this guy RULES:
best part about the whole nite??? being able to share it with some of our bestest friends--jared, jody, steve, & kamari-- love love love seeing live music with our people.  it makes our world go 'round.




23 comments:

Tiffany said...

You know how you just suddenly feel close to someone when you read their blog and look at their picture and see that they have the same awesome shirt from Target that you do?

That's what just happened to me. Sounds like a rip-roarin' good time! (And the shirt looks fabulous, by the way!)

simply kris said...

Love duran duran. love the JOINT. i've been there twice to see ERASURE. Looks like you guys had a fabby time.

Sharla said...

No. Way. You saw my former fiance John Taylor! It was a rough breakup.

Amy said...

SOunds like you had a ton of fun... I bet Stevekemp would have had a better time at the father's and son's outing though... I can't beleive you all made him miss it! RUDE! Looks fun...you guys rock!

gina bina said...

Awesome concert pics! Love the Simon doll.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Looks like a fun night! That Simon doll is hysterical! Some people are intense! I need a doll like that too!

Me and The Boys said...

you guys seriously have too much fun! I wanna be ya!

Holly H. said...

You are a rock star girl! What a great weekend!

carly k said...

I hope that someday I am as cool as you! I am mildly obsessed with all things Mindi! Looks like you had a bLAST!

Trina said...

I'm just a little jealous!

rachel said...

NIIIIICE! That looks like such a blast...it has been a while for me. I really need to get out. Will you adopt me so I can tag along :)

Kristi said...

How fun are you guys?!I love it. Where can I get a doll like that?!

tiburon said...

I am green with envy. GREEN! SOOOOO fracking jillious I can't stand it.

It looks like a blast - I wish I would have come! :)

Jori said...

So glad you are a Simon girl too. All of my friends wanted John Taylor.Whatever!

Christie said...

Oh my, what a fun weekend. I'm insanely jealous.

Joellen said...

The concert was so great, you know that I dig a Synth. If Steve's current profession doesn't work out I know what he should do.
I am so glad that Brandon heard that we were going to be there and dropped by.
Top 5 for me!

Super Happy Girl said...

THE DOLL!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh man.
That was great. What a fun night :)

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Wicked Awesome, You guys know how to party!!! & how many concerts does that make for you?
Good Judas- You are the Best concert goer EVER.... I Love It!
Love you too,
Jodi
**The GNO after looked sweet also**

Hacking it up said...

Ohhhh! I like the dolly! :)
Looks like you guys really know how to live like rock stars!!!

hoLLy said...

lovin the doll! you look like a party animal girl! my kind of woman fo sho. i bet that was so much fun!

{Annie N.} said...

Great pictures! I'm not sure which is my favorite? That doll is pretty sweet. Looks like a fun time!

Renee said...

I'm inviting myself next year... oh, you don't mind do you?

Stephanie M said...

What fun!! You are so lucky! I l-o-v-e that picture of Steve with his new twin friends.