russ clove's pride and joy: our yard in sage hollow

 hi. my name is mindi. and i like doing yard work. ("HI, MINDI.")

i can guaratee you that my parents never saw this one coming. i never mowed the lawn or helped with any yard work at all--that was my brother's job. i still subscribe to the theory that mowing the lawn is man's work as i have never, and i repeat NEVER started a lawnmower. even when russ had to be out of town for 3 weeks in 2005 for marriott training, i paid my little cousin dallin to come over and do the honor. so russ is the official lawn mower and lawn edger.

i DO, however, pull all the weeds and trim all of the bushes (yes i said bush) and i find it quite therapeutic to get out there with my i-pod and a pair of gloves on saturday mornings.

what i am most thankful for this week is the fact that it hasn't heated up just yet. but now that i've typed that sentence, i'm sure the triple digits will be kicking in just in time for the weekend.

our yard is something that both rbc and myself are very proud of. we work very hard to keep it looking nice and we might break our arms patting ourselves on the back

pictures, you ask?? oh, no, i just couldn't............


just kidding  of course i can:


 




p.s. i thought i had broken my first and most sacred photo-taking rule by posting photos of somewhere without someone in it--then i looked right over to the side and saw the back of mia......:)

24 comments:

Ida said...

Are you my long lost sistah? I love going out in the yard. Actually mowing the lawn is therapeutic I promise. I love going out there planting flowers pulling up weeds.

I love your yard BTW like better homes & garden. Very Nice!

Lesley said...

Beauty is all I can say!

Hannah said...

Holy cow...your house is so beautiful. It looks a little southern utah-ish. (Am I right?) I also weeded yesterday...until it started pouring cold rain on me. I wish I lived in So. Utah too.

Jori said...

Pretty yard! Love the bougenvilla's! I planted a couple killed one, one half died and made a comeback.

Holly O. said...

Excuse me. I have some therapy over here in Santa Clara for you. I wish I had a love for the yardwork, but I just don't. We need to do put aside all our hard work sometime soon and do lunch again!

Mindi said...

yes, hannah--santa jorge is our home---we prefer to say 'southern yeeeeeeww-taaaaaaawwww'

Anonymous said...

Feel lucky that you have hardly had to touch a mower! My husband has allergies (and no love for yardwork)therefore, guess who has always done the deed? Me, myself and I!!! I love to do it when I have time, but that is a rarity now a days! Cute blog! Love the homestead!

Holly H. said...

Your yard is amazing! I wish I loved to do yard work. I just really don't know what I'm doing, so I just ignore it and hope it goes away. My husband loves it. Thank goodness I have two slaves (my boys) now that I can boss around and make them do all the dirty work! :)

Collette said...

Your yard is beautiful. I am with you, I love yard work and I love to mow the lawn, I love having the lines in the grass just like the lines from the vacume?! crazy..i know

Denise said...

Love the yard. It is beautiful. I like doing yard work as well and if my parents heard me say that they wouldn't believe their ears.

Trina said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty.
I like yard work, too. I just don't have a yard to maintain, I have a jungle to clear. Someday.

tara said...

I like yard work. I LOVE having a beautiful yard. your's is GORGEOUS lady. You need to live somewhere where your eyeballs don't melt everytime you pull a few weeds.

Saying It Simply said...

Hi Mindi, it's Kourtney. I too like yard work. It's my yin to my yang. I know that should be my hubby, but he knows how to make me happy...can't really do the whole calming thing.

Saying It Simply said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saying It Simply said...

your home is beautiful. your yard is rockin. I also enjoy therapeutic moments in the dirt.
gotta grab my hoe. kris

tiburon said...

I la la la love your house. But you already knew that. Your yard is rockin too. But you already knew that. You are the shiz. But you already knew that.

Geez - I guess I got nothin.

Renee said...

I LOVE yard work too! I don't mow, but everything else is my domain. It's so satisfying, right?

Joellen said...

i think it sucks!

Mia said...

Nice yard! I like yard work too, just in small doses ;)

Hacking it up said...

I'm pretty sure we were separated at birth.... I too LOVE to do yard work!...your yard and home are BEAUTIFUL!!! well done!

Hacking it up said...

I'm pretty sure we were separated at birth.... I too LOVE to do yard work!...your yard and home are BEAUTIFUL!!! well done!

Anonymous said...

You are right, you are crazy. I can't stand yard work. I think it is only cuz I don't have anything pretty to look at in it. My yard needs a chick overhall.

Kristi said...

Your house and all that yardwork is gorgeous!!! I love it. I wihs you would come give me some sweet tips...I am special at keeping plants alive and making them pretty :)

Lemon Annie said...

Simply gorgeous is all I have to say! Plus, now I know where to stalk you at on my next Spring Break!!!